Sanctuary - Emerald Princess

delta_glenn

Wife and I immensely enjoyed the Sanctuary on board the Emerald Princess 10/11/09 – 10/18/09. Reserved a lounger and chair for the entire week. Until the last day at sea, had the entire Sanctuary basically to us. The last day, the secret got out and the place was full.

The couples massage area is located inside the tents. The Lotus Spa pool (adults only) is located just below the Sanctuary.

The staff is very prompt and courteous with citrus water or a cool face towel. Towels for the pool were provided as well so we did not even have to bring our towels from our room.

If you need a quite place to relax, you should consider the Sanctuary.

248606016_EP-Sanctuary01.jpg.5bd12195fc198530770538fa5864ca64.jpg

277414754_EP-Sanctuary02.jpg.c6855dae7bd6db0359d9f68f02f2b007.jpg

714522233_EPSanctuary03.jpg.5b4917963da39802fd2856162263ebb4.jpg

Wife and I immensely enjoyed the Sanctuary on board the Emerald Princess 10/11/09 – 10/18/09. Reserved a lounger and chair for the entire week. Until the last day at sea, had the entire Sanctuary basically to us. The last day, the secret got out and the place was full.

The couples massage area is located inside the tents. The Lotus Spa pool (adults only) is located just below the Sanctuary.

The staff is very prompt and courteous with citrus water or a cool face towel. Towels for the pool were provided as well so we did not even have to bring our towels from our room.

If you need a quite place to relax, you should consider the Sanctuary.

DW and I were there with you for the whole week as well. We were the first to sign up for the week and enjoyed it as well as the pool. What a nice place other than a little windy where we had our chairs, but we had full sun. Enjoyed the great service of Tomas and Sheni. I would do it again in a heart beat.

Andrew

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm thinking of signing up for the week when I'm on the Emerald in Feb. My only problem is that I'm wondering how much I would actually use the sanctuary on Port days.

Did you use the sanctuary every day? Did you get off the ship at every port?

Thanks for your help on this. -- I'm thinking I'll end up getting the week pass but I'd like to hear from people that have actually signed up for this.

Tess

Tess

Our situation was a bit different in that Amy and I had been to the islands 3 times already and did not book any excursions. Port days we were only off the boat for 3-4 hours max, so yes, we were in the Sanctuary every day. There was a shipwide emergency drill schedule for St. Thomas port day, so we made sure we were gone during that period as passenger services were going to be next to nill then anyway.

The week cost us $210 for the couple and was worth every penny. Shani, Erica, and Tamas were wonderful, super nice, and really a pleasure to be around. you can do the half-day or full-day bookings as well, but we wanted to be sure we had "our pick" of the loungers / chairs for the week. The Sanctuary was open every day from 8 AM to 8 PM, but only staffed from 8 AM to 6 PM.

We never got the couples massage so I cannot respond to the cost. However, I would guess each couples massage was a little bit more than an hour long. Just check on it when you get to the Sanctuary.

Tess

Our situation was a bit different in that Amy and I had been to the islands 3 times already and did not book any excursions. Port days we were only off the boat for 3-4 hours max, so yes, we were in the Sanctuary every day. There was a shipwide emergency drill schedule for St. Thomas port day, so we made sure we were gone during that period as passenger services were going to be next to nill then anyway.

The week cost us $210 for the couple and was worth every penny. Shani, Erica, and Tamas were wonderful, super nice, and really a pleasure to be around. you can do the half-day or full-day bookings as well, but we wanted to be sure we had "our pick" of the loungers / chairs for the week. The Sanctuary was open every day from 8 AM to 8 PM, but only staffed from 8 AM to 6 PM.

We never got the couples massage so I cannot respond to the cost. However, I would guess each couples massage was a little bit more than an hour long. Just check on it when you get to the Sanctuary.

Thank you for the information!

We did go into the ports, but when we came back on board we went to the sanctuary for a swim and them layed out on our chairs. It has yet to be mentioned but they are soooooooo cushy and soft. Hard to go back to the old deck chairs.

Andrew

The pool is an adults only pool adjacent to the Lotus Spa and the Sanctuary. The $ 210 only covers the Sanctuary, the pool is not part of the package - its is free, but for adults only. and the $ 210 is per couple, not per person.

As for what it covers, I can only speak for our time on the Emerald Princess. Probably would be better to check with the staff when you reach the ship. I was primarily interested in a quite area to read and enjoy being outside.

Tess

Yes, my situation is very different. I've never been to the Caribbean so I will be spending lots of time in the various ports. But, I still think I'm going to sign up for the week. I really don't like crowds and I guess the Sanctuary is a good way to not be bothered by "chair hogs" - and that type of behavior would probably drive me crazy.

Actually, thinking about all this, we usually book a balcony, and try to use it.

But for those who book an inside cabin, this would be a great way to get top treatment like a balcony for less.

I am going to try it one day on our cruise, just to see what it is like.

I'm not sure why people balk at $10 or $20 per person for a day, when they spend three times that on drinks!

When we were on the Crown last year, if you go up to the Sanctuary on day one, you can get a massage that day cheaper.

If you book for the week, you pick your chairs and they are reserved for you the whole week. Comfortable loungers great for afternoon naps, reading, and relaxing. You could order food from a limited menu, but we never took advantage of the opportunity. We liked to leave to eat.

We will be on Emerald in three weeks. I have a question about Sanctuary. We want to reserve it for our last sea day. Can we order it on embarkation day? Or do we have to "get in line" and see if there is availability on the day we want to use it?

As it was explained to me (or as I understood it) you could either reserve for a full week, remainder of a week (but not a partial week - big difference), full day or half day. In other words, I would think, based on my understanding, that you would have to go to the Sanctuary for the day you want. But, check with the staff during the embarkation day when you get on board.

We will be on Emerald in three weeks. I have a question about Sanctuary. We want to reserve it for our last sea day. Can we order it on embarkation day? Or do we have to "get in line" and see if there is availability on the day we want to use it?

Unless it's changed, if you do not have a cruise-long reservation, it's first come, first serve on the day you want. On sea days, you'd have to get in line very early to get a spot. We've only done cruise-long so far, and don't plan to do anything but in the future. :D

Archived