Fairfield Inns and Suites/Ft Lauderdale Airport

ncdachsiemom

Do you have another recommendation? Thanks!

Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites on Stirling Road, and LaQuinta FLL are all by Oakwood Plaza which has shops and restaurants. Some of the hotels have free shuttles from the airport too. By SE 17th St, which is right next to the port, you will find Hyatt Place FLL north (free shuttle), Embassy Suites, Extended Stay, Holiday Inn Express, Renaissance, Hyatt Pier 66, and Hilton Marina.

Would it be safe to leave your car at this hotel while on a cruise? Thanks.

It wouldn't be any less safe than any other hotel, but I wouldn't leave my car at a hotel. South Florida has its share of auto thefts and break-ins. The port has 24 hr security since 9/11.

It wouldn't be any less safe than any other hotel, but I wouldn't leave my car at a hotel. South Florida has its share of auto thefts and break-ins. The port has 24 hr security since 9/11.

Thank you for this information. Very helpful. Thanks for answering so many Ft. Lauderdale questions for all of us.

Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites on Stirling Road, and LaQuinta FLL are all by Oakwood Plaza which has shops and restaurants. Some of the hotels have free shuttles from the airport too. By SE 17th St, which is right next to the port, you will find Hyatt Place FLL north (free shuttle), Embassy Suites, Extended Stay, Holiday Inn Express, Renaissance, Hyatt Pier 66, and Hilton Marina.

Thanks for your help....I will check them out. :) We might not get there until late the night before our cruise, so it might not matter if we are near anything else. I was thinking about leaving my car at the hotel, but since you don't recommend it, I will probably leave it at the port. I live in NC, and when I fly out of RDU I always leave my car at a hotel. However, when I last visited Miami my rental car was broken into at a mall...right outside of a Neiman Marcus....first row in sight of the door. So I understand what you mean! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping they open soon....we are booked there on December 5th. I have been researching some restaurants near the Fairfield Inn and found 2 nearby....

Islamorada Fish Company

Rustic Inn Crab House

Both of the restaurants offer a 15% discount with hotel room key.

Archived