Disembark and Flight times

GoBucks04

How much time should you give yourself to get on the plane after the ship docks?? Are ships late often and how long does it take to actually get off of the ship? I have a flight (super cheap) that is 3 1/2 hours after our ship arrives back in port, but I'm thinking not enough time. Thanks for any input!

My travel agent made our reservation for our return flight on 9/4/05 out of Vancouver at 2:02 pm (I believe the ship gets into port at 7:00 am and disembarkation begins about 2 hours after the ship docks according to the NCL web site).

JR

Where is this out of??? The cruiseline will have recommendations for flight times, use their guidelines. Many times the "cheap" flights are so, because cruise ship passengers can't make them. :)

From Seattle to SEA-TAC you can make an 11:30 flight if you get early disembark. The cheap flights are often at 7:00 a.m. -- one reason some folks stay over and spend the day in Seattle and get a cheap hotel near the airport to fly out early the next day. This year during some time periods the flights right now are all pretty much the same price. When the USAirways deadlines pass and everyone figures out what airlines will truly be flying "where" or have a clearer than mud picture at least, fares will probably equal out -- not down necessarily but more on par. It wall depends on the gateway and often how far you're willing to drive to same money. FOr some convenience is a bigger issue than money and that's fine too :)

Hi,

I have a similar question. We return to Seattle on Saturday, May 21 on the NCL Spirit, dock at 7:00am. I'm considering a SouthWest flight from SEA-TAC that departs at 12:25pm. Does this sound reasonable ? I know my way around the pier and the airport, and plan to hop on the first taxi I can find.

The caveat is there are three of us, and we are not US Citizens. I expect we will have to go through customs separately and collect our passports on the day we disembark. Might this be cutting things close ?

Thanks in advance,

Vaibhav

Thanks for the info. I really have no idea what to expect to pay from Ohio to Seattle-I've seen them averaging 270 right now. You are so right about them being super cheap earlier in the day-I saw one for 136 included TAX!!!-(at 12:56 AM) Bummer!!

Hi,

I have a similar question. We return to Seattle on Saturday, May 21 on the NCL Spirit, dock at 7:00am. I'm considering a SouthWest flight from SEA-TAC that departs at 12:25pm. Does this sound reasonable ? I know my way around the pier and the airport, and plan to hop on the first taxi I can find.

The caveat is there are three of us, and we are not US Citizens. I expect we will have to go through customs separately and collect our passports on the day we disembark. Might this be cutting things close ?

Thanks in advance,

Vaibhav

International passengers require a 2 hour window. As you know- 7am is not disembarkment. If things go right you should be fine. But if the ship doesn't clear etc. ????

• 4 weeks later...
International passengers require a 2 hour window. As you know- 7am is not disembarkment. If things go right you should be fine. But if the ship doesn't clear etc. ????

Thanks, Budget Queen. I called up NCL, and their guidelines are to take a flight after 1:00. I'm now considering a flight at 1:50pm.

But I'm still a bit worried about "if the ship doesn't clear" ... that seems to depend on US customs and outside my or NCL's control. Does anyone know if there have been previous instances of customs clearance getting delayed ? Should I book a later flight ?

thanks,

Vaibhav

Thanks, Budget Queen. I called up NCL, and their guidelines are to take a flight after 1:00. I'm now considering a flight at 1:50pm.

But I'm still a bit worried about "if the ship doesn't clear" ... that seems to depend on US customs and outside my or NCL's control. Does anyone know if there have been previous instances of customs clearance getting delayed ? Should I book a later flight ?

thanks,

Vaibhav

Absolutely- I have been on several late clearing ships- some several hours, but most clear within the recommended flight times. So look at the 1:50pm flight. :)

Archived