Shuttle from Airport Car Rental center?

rnnyce

Is there a free shuttle from the FLL airport car rental center to the port or are we better off taking a cab?

If you arrive at Terminal #1 (SWA, Continental, Frontier) you just walk across the street (overhead walkway) to the Rental Car counters.

Terminal #2#3#4 -- you can take a short shuttle or walk. #2 (Delta); #3 US air, American, Jet Blue..., #4 International airlines

See terminal map:

http://www.broward.org/airport/parking_parking_locations.htm

Have a great cruise,

Kel:)

When I was returning my car from Enterprise at FLL two weeks ago, I asked about the shuttle as I have a cruise in February. Enterprise does not participate in the shuttle service, but Hertz, National and Alamo do. I confirmed that with Alamo and National, but didn't have time to ask at the Hertz counter.

<<Someone on CC wrote that not all of the car rental companies participate in the shuttle. So I would suggest that you call the counter directly to make sure. If not, it is only about a $15 ride by taxi per carload.>>

Sorry to be dumb but I am proposing to hire a Hertz car and drop it off for a cruise from Port Lauderdale. Am I right in thinking that I can drop the car off at FLL airport and then Hertz will shuttle me to the port? If not, should I still drop off, get Hertz to drop me back at the terminal and then get a cab to the port ( I assume cabs are metered )?

Archived