New TO RCI

Only Farewell's they do are usually, are in the dining Room on the final evening where all the cooks, waiters and everyone parade out to music, for everyone to thank them for their service. They also have a farewell entertainment night, but there is no true farewell party. We haven't been on the Majesty, only the Radiance Class

I normally cruise RCCL, but just came back from our first Carnival cruise. While, as you say, Carnival has a Captain's Reception, they recently changed the format of it. Instead of in one central location, it was spread out through the different bars on the Promenade Deck. I did not like it one bit. Instead of free drinks, there was $1 a drink at any bar on that deck. I missed the chance to meet the Captain and staff, and have us all in one place, as on my previous cruises.

They did have a 1 hr Farewell Party in the Theater on the last night with free drinks, but we got there late, so I can't say whether it was better organized. By the time we got there, people were just grabbing for free drinks, the band was playing, and 2 or 3 couples got up on stage to dance once in a while.

Archived