Is there a running track on Hal ships?

karensj

We cruise in 6 weeks on the Zaandam and my teenage daughters are wondering if they will have a track to run on. I know there is the promenade deck but is it condusive to running on? I know there are treadmills in the gym but is there an age minimum to us the facilities? Thanks for any advise.

Karen

The only deck for jogging is on the Sports deck and I doubt you will find wheelchairs or "walkers" up there. :)

The Lower Prom deck is for walking, not jogging, as there are cabins on that deck. I remember when they allowed joggers on the Lower Prom/Prom decks and we would be awakened in the early morning by the pounding of feet. :(

Please be sure and let us know how your teenage girls enjoy the cruise. I will be on the Zaandam in March with my teenage girls. They have asked the same question about how old you have to be to use the exercise equipment and about the activities on the ship.

We recently returned from the Christmas cruise on the Zaandam with children 15, 12, 10 & 8.

1. The eight year old (emotionally she's a little younger) had a terrific time with Club HAL. I personally had a problem with their assigning an entertainer from aboard (who volunteered) to watch the Club while we were in port one day. None of the Club HAL staff "felt like working" that day.

I do not know how thrilled I was about the game "Toilet Tag", but will detail some more in my LONG LONG review which I hope to get up over the weekend.

2. The fifteen year old made tons of friends and had the best time of all :cool: There was an activity every evening for the teens, mostly just kind of mix and mingle with a theme, but I would imagine even if you are shy it would be a good way to hook up with at least one person....All this AND the Zaandam will not even have their teen oasis until after the dry dock is complete.

3. The twelve and ten year old thought the club was "sissyish". They are not my children and were able to watch A LOT of TV in their cabins. :( Cabins had VCR's with movies available at the front desk and free in room movies which rotated daily.

More on CLUB HAL, soon, I promise! If you are leaving tomorrow and need immediate info, email me at arubalisa@gmail.com I brought home as much info as I could...

Archived