Formal nights on Millie 11 day cruise

myr seashell

On our 11 night Carib on board Connie (sister to Millie) we had 3 formal nights, 1st sea day and last sea day unless it was the LAST day (then it was the day before)and one in the middle, also usually a sea day or short port time day.

I agree with you -- the 7 day usually has 2 formal nights and the 10 or 11 day has 3 formal nights. This cruise is "port extensive" - that is why we have late seating... We love the Mille; we will be on it 3/26 and it has a great itinerary.

Neil

myr seashell,

Can anyone tell me which are the formal nights on the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise aboard the Millenium ?

You will receive a schedule of evening dress for the entire cruise in your cabin on embarkation day. Until then, nobody can say for sure.

That said, there is a pattern that the "formal" evenings on most cruises follow.

>> The first "formal" evening, for the Captain's official "Welcome Aboard!," normally occurs on the second evening of the cruise. This moves an evening later if, and only if, the ship remains in port late on the second evening.

>> The last "formal" evening, for the Captain's offical "Farewell!," normally occurs on the next to last evening of the cruise. This changes an evening earlier if, and only if, the ship remains in port late on the next to last evening.

>> On cruises with three (3) "formal" evenings, the second "formal" evening normally occurs on a day at sea or, if there's no day at sea, a day when the ship leaves port relatively early that's about midway between the first and last "formal" evenings.

Regardless of anything else, you can expect the first evening and the last evening of each sailing to be "smart casual" -- the first evening because some passengers might not receive their luggage in time to dress more formally for dinner and the last evening because many passengers need to pack their dressy clothes before the end of the evening.

Norm.

I'm sorry, I misread your question. I contacted Celebrity a while back asking the same question. Our first formal evening is Dec 8., the day we are in St Croix and we will be notified for the last one., which will probably be our first day at sea. See you on board!:)

Archived