Upgrade or Upsell. Best time to do it.

nanak915

Only Me...they offered from BB to AC. AC is nice but a smaller suite would've been fine since the only difference between AC and AD or AE is the balcony size. I was really expecting a better deal since I got an incredible deal this summer for an owner's suite from a balcony.

I disagree with the other poster, there is nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal.

Thanks so much for the information!

That was a GREAT upsell from a balcony to an Owners Suite !!! ... Don't blame you one bit for being a bit disappointed this time based on your previous experience :)

We're booked in an AF and while we will be happy in that if we don't get the oportunity of an upsell, we would love a chance at a suite and with 3 of us, the only option for us is an AC (lower grade suites don't allow 3 people :( ) or higher which are out of our price range without getting some sort of deal ... so I'll keep my fingers crossed;)

May I ask how far in advance you started trying the upsell number??

Thanks SO much for your hlep!

Oh, and have a FAB cruise!!!

Only Me: My cruise is in 16 days. I just got through today. I should've tried to haggle and am still holding onto hope that they will call us in a week or so. I really don't see them selling the AC's for 3K per person in this economy.

Quick question regarding the Upsells: If you end up booking another room, will NCL send you updated luggage tags? I already have mine for my 1/10/10 cruise.

As soon as your cabin is changed in NCL's system, your online docs (including the downloadable luggage tags) are automatically updated. You can download a new set.

As soon as your cabin is changed in NCL's system, your online docs (including the downloadable luggage tags) are automatically updated. You can download a new set.

This may sound like a stupid question, but when you print out the luggage tags, do you just tape them together, the way the peel & stick ones from NCL come?

In my experience, upsells, like everything else, fluctuate with the market, time of year, and so on. Snowkhat, I would guess that for a Christmas cruise, there are going to be folks who are willing to pay more than the often touted 50% difference. Good luck though.

Al

Also, keep in mind that there are about 4 thousand people in the NCL system that either have a significant credit to use, or are (or have been) scrambling to get booked on another cruise. Higher demand = higher prices.

We were on the Pearl November 28th sailing and I anxiously watched our roll call and we all kept each other updated as to what was happening. We were originally booked in an AF. On Tuesday before we sailed on Saturday it was obvious action was happening as rooms were shifting all about. One of the great posters let me know that his AE was now available and that he had been upsold to the Owner's Suite. It was the courage I needed to call. I called the number I had received and got voice mail. I left a message and in less than an hour later I got the call. We were able to move from our AF to an A3 Courtyard Villa Penthouse for the amount I had in my head. We could have moved into one of the owner's suites for a very small amout but we wanted the Courtyard location. OMG - it was an awesome cruise and I am spoiled forever. Watch and see if action starts and make the call. Know what you are willing to pay and if it is within your reach - go for it. This was a mother/daughter cruise we will never forget.

My in-laws are taking my kids on Saturday on the Gem and I called today for an Upsell for them. They were in an AF mini suite, were first offered an A3 court yard villa, but then got a call for an AB Penthouse suite, and the in-laws choose the AB (550.00 cheaper).

The courtyard villa on the Gem are wonderful and the staff is great. The concierge for all the suites is Ryan Rabe and he is just wonderful. I just got off the Gem on 12/12/09 and had A3 courtyard villa 14512:).

My in-laws are taking my kids on Saturday on the Gem and I called today for an Upsell for them. They were in an AF mini suite, were first offered an A3 court yard villa, but then got a call for an AB Penthouse suite, and the in-laws choose the AB (550.00 cheaper).

Archived