Reciprocity Fees - South America???

Kruz Guys

Imagine what it is like for residents of Argentina who wishes to visit the United States. They must arrange an appointment at the US Embassy and be interviewed by a staffer who determines whether the Visa will be granted. The $131 dollar fee is paid whether the Visa is approved or denied. More often than not, it is denied.

I will not be back in Argentina until March, when I will need to go through the lines you describe. I plan to copy my post and read it several times while I am waiting in line so as not to become frustrated.

The Argentines first have to fill in a form online (no hand filling in blanks - form has to be redone); pay the Visa fee at a specific bank (Banco Ciudad, who have few branches in the Greater BsAS); then find a DHL branch that deals with the US Embassy paperwork (or some other entity if they are outside the Greater BsAs) - pay them a fee equivalent to USD40 ($A160 in December) and then wait for them to be advised of their interview date, 6 weeks later (per the person we were assisting), and then wait for approval ....

You have to visit 3 places before you ever set foot in the COnsulate ... it is a real pain in the neck.

The Argentines first have to fill in a form online (no hand filling in blanks - form has to be redone); pay the Visa fee at a specific bank (Banco Ciudad, who have few branches in the Greater BsAS); then find a DHL branch that deals with the US Embassy paperwork (or some other entity if they are outside the Greater BsAs) - pay them a fee equivalent to USD40 ($A160 in December) and then wait for them to be advised of their interview date, 6 weeks later (per the person we were assisting), and then wait for approval ....

You have to visit 3 places before you ever set foot in the COnsulate ... it is a real pain in the neck.

Exactly. Even though we are inconvenienced, our expense and inconvenience are minmal compared to the hassles experienced by Argentines who want to visit us....

Exactly. Even though we are inconvenienced, our expense and inconvenience are minmal compared to the hassles experienced by Argentines who want to visit us....

Remembering the experience of getting a visa for Russia and it was similar in costs, paying a fee on arrival at the airport is preferable for me anytime. China wasn't much easier.

Could you give us your approximate time of arrival at EZE and how many other flights were arriving nearly the same time? Do you believe the holiday weekend significantly affected your processing?

We appreciate your postings and especially your video and photography:)

Could you give us your approximate time of arrival at EZE and how many other flights were arriving nearly the same time? Do you believe the holiday weekend significantly affected your processing?

We appreciate your postings and especially your video and photography:)

We landed at 8:45 am on Sunday morning and had to wait 5 minutes for our gate to be free. Our passsengers were the only ones in the line at the time. I think another AA flight landa around 7:30 am from Miami and the one from JFK (our original fligght) around 11 am.

Look fo my pctures and videos on the Antactica boards in about a month. we board the Minerva in Ushuaia in less than 2 hours.

IMG_4900.jpg.85091ef5e4b1a777317d479983840800.jpg

Archived