Dawn Spa Pool

superbonnie

We were on the Gem in March 09 and really enjoyed the spa area with jetted tub,heated lounges and spa pool. I didn't mind spending the money as the place was never crowded. We are planning a cruise on the Dawn and was wondering if the spa area is somewhat similar and what the cost is for the week. Any comments will be appreciated.

The spa, or thermal suite, on the Dawn is quite different than the Gem's. It is at the stern of the ship rather than forward, it doesn't have the heated, tiled lounge chairs, and as I recall the pool isn't the fancy type of spa pool you find on the Gem.

That having been said, it's still a good place to get away from the mayhem of the pool deck or to relax on a day when the weather isn't good.

Traveled on the Dawn in June...the spa was one of my favorite places! After a soak in the hot tub..or a swim in the pool...cozy up in a robe..grab a padded lounger and doze off while looking at the wake! The best part...adults only...pure relaxation! Enjoy.

My wife and I prefer the spa pool areas of the Dawn/Star over the Gem class ships.

They have a sit-down hot tub, a large lie-down hot tub, and a small lap pool. The back of the area has large windows that overlook the aft of the ship with a row of lounge chairs to use to relax and enjoy the view. We liked to end our days in port relaxing there and watching the sailways.

The new Gem class ships have the hot tubs segregated so DW and I could not be together. So we passed using the spa areas on these ships.

Archived