Taxis/guides in Papeete

wripro

• 1 month later...

We overnighted in Papeete on the Star Princess a month ago, arriving about 8pm, and there were several tours being sold just outside the port gate for the following day. From memory I think it was about $70 per person for a bus tour of the island but I don't know what was included. They wanted people to book for the following day and departed quite early (8am ??). I did not see any guides around when we left the ship about 10am the next day.

Anyone know if there are taxis and/or private cars/drivers at the port in Papeete that can be hired on the spot? If you've used anyone good I'd appreciate a recommendation. Thanks.

Just back from Tahiti. We stay in InterCon Tahiti and ask concierge staff for taxi arrangement. it came out to be a nice guy from Greg Taxi which InterCon's guest use a lot. We also pre-arranged transfer to airport early in the morning and Greg show up right at the pier at 5:00 am.

I highly recommend him catgregtours@mail.pf :)

We emailed Patrick at Patrick's adventure tours ahead of time and arranged a 4x4 tour. He was great. Highly recommended! Funny thing is that we did a morning tour with him and then he picked up the ship's afternoon tour after we were done. They got the exact same tour and paid almost twice as much. The ship used another operator for the morning tour, which explains why the morning and afternoon tours had different prices. I couldn't figure that one out at first :)

Archived