Anyone ever stay at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort?

stephic411

We are sailing out of Galveston on Jan 9th with Carnival and we are staying at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort the day before. We are only staying 1 day but I was still curious if anyone else has stayed and what it was like. Has anyone used the shuttle they have to the port? Any info you have would be great! Thanks!:)

We stayed at the Hilton in July. We found the rooms and customer service excellent. In fact, we booked it again as a pre-cruise stay for our upcoming NYE cruise. I can't speak for the shuttle since we used Lighthouse parking.

I have stayed at the Hilton twice and used the shuttle service both times. I, too, found the hotel service and rooms to be excellent. I liked the shuttle service. Convenient and no extra cost. But you do pay a premium price for the room. :D The only issue, if you really want to call it an issue, was on the Conquest cruise which was the Crazy cruise. Between all us Crazies and others not with our group all trying to use the shuttle service.:eek: Well....:D

I have stayed at the Hilton twice and used the shuttle service both times. I, too, found the hotel service and rooms to be excellent. I liked the shuttle service. Convenient and no extra cost. But you do pay a premium price for the room. :D The only issue, if you really want to call it an issue, was on the Conquest cruise which was the Crazy cruise. Between all us Crazies and others not with our group all trying to use the shuttle service.:eek: Well....:D

Well, we're going to TRY to get an early, early shuttle to the terminal...there are 5 of us, so hopefully it will turn out OK!!! We've always stayed at the Hotel Galvez before, but have gotten off by 10am. Cross fingers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how early the Hilton will start shuttling? We're on the Ecstasy for my brother's wedding, and we have to be at check-in by 10 am. My in-laws are staying there with us, and aren't going on the cruise, but I don't know if they'll just leave their cars there and take advantage of the shuttle, or use day parking near the ship.

Anyone know how early the Hilton will start shuttling? We're on the Ecstasy for my brother's wedding, and we have to be at check-in by 10 am. My in-laws are staying there with us, and aren't going on the cruise, but I don't know if they'll just leave their cars there and take advantage of the shuttle, or use day parking near the ship.

The first shuttle does not start until 10:30.

If you need to get to the terminal earlier contact the hotel ahead of time.

Regarding the shuttle...

I had called the Thursday before we arrived, and they put me down for 10:30. When we got there Saturday morning, I verified the time and the bellman went to check. Apparently there was a mixup with a group time or something, and he changed our shuttle time to 2:30- or he said he would arrange for a cab for us at anytime we wanted. Needless to say, I was not happy. We still parked the car there free for the week, though...

The rooms were nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived