Aft BA cabin on dawn

superbonnie

I could not get the BA aft on the 10th floor so I settled for one on level eight. Anyone have any opinions or facts about these aft cabins on eight . They look a little smaller to me. Please anyone if you have been in 8676 on the Dawn comments welcome.

superbonnie -

On the Dawn we were in 9738, on the Jewel in 10660 and 8634, on the Gem in 8134. We just booked #8634 on the Gem for Nov. 29. We found no appreciable difference in any of the cabins. If the BAs on Deck 8 are smaller, we did not notice it. Some people avoid deck 8, being afraid of the alleged noise and smell from the restaurant below. We have never been bothered by either one; we haven't even noticed any of it. Another reason is that Deck 8 is not a concierge deck. We are with Archie Bunker on this: Whoop de doo! We don't care. We love being squeezed in between the suites on both sides. I was absolutely shocked that less than one month before departure we would still get one of 'our' BA cabins on Deck 8 for a trans-Atlantic cruise.

Full disclosure: We are easy to please on a ship.

We've stayed in the BA cabins on deck 10 and on deck 8 aft. The difference is in the size of the balcony. Deck 10's is big enough for 2 loungers and deck 8 is only big enough for regular chairs. The cabins are identical in size. The best thing about the aft is watching the wake and the noise the ship makes (great for sleeping and drowning out any snorers). The wind is also much less in the aft. On the bad side, on deck 10 you get trash landing from deck 12. On deck 8, the trash doesn't arrive.

superbonnie -

Another reason is that Deck 8 is not a concierge deck. We are with Archie Bunker on this: Whoop de doo! We don't care.

Hi, just wondering what that means? I am sailing in a deck 8 AE (on the Jade), will this affect me in any way?

Hi, just wondering what that means? I am sailing in a deck 8 AE (on the Jade), will this affect me in any way?

I have no idea what that means. Concierge access/service is based on suite category and not on your cabin/suite's deck. No matter what deck it's on, a BA balcony cabin does not have Concierge service; no matter what deck it's on, an AE penthouse does.

beachchick

Hi thanks for all the opinions. Anyone in an AE or other suite will have concierge service regardless of what floor you're on. Regarding the BA on the 8th we have changed to an AF. I could live with the tiny room if I got a bigger balcony but the BA aft cabins on 8 have the tiny balcony just like the side cabins. The AF is not aft but it is a little bigger.

Archived