Thoughts about this Board

Sunviking

As previously stated on another thread, we have just booked our first RSSC cruise. Some of the people who answered my query were gracious and welcoming. I wondered about some of the other replies. After looking at some of the other threads I understand completely why these threads have so few posts. People are encouraged to look elsewhere for information. There is little effort to encourage camaraderie among the participants. One of the things that I have enjoyed on other cruises is some engagement with other members on the boards. We generally onboard do our own thing so I don't need to be in lockstep with other CC people. We shall do the same thing on this cruise as well. Thank you for the input on attire. I was just trying to get a sense about the new policy instituted. We wish you all fair seas and following winds.

Sunviking, please don't be discouraged. Most of us love answering questions. Even if they have been answered before. I myself get vicarious pleasure out of it, since I admit I'm a travel addict and when I'm not planning my own trip I can participate in planning someone else's!

Thanks, Wendy. I too find that the planning part of a cruise is very satisfying and I can read about other people's planning and live a little vicariously as they make their arrangements. For our recently completed cruise on the Ruby we began planning and meeting our fellow cruisers 18 months in advance. Occasionally we had some posts which were mean-spirited (some got pulled from the boards) but we all lived through it. I met some wonderful people there and made some new friends that I will keep in touch with long after the cruise is over.

I shall continue to ask my novice Regent sailor questions here. I know that many answers are subjective and always take things with a grain (sometimes more!) of salt. Nonetheless, those of you who have sailed with RSSC have more experience than I and I shall try to tap into your wealth of information.

You will find all of the luxury cruise line threads much more quiet than Princess. Princess has 18 ships (went to their website and counted -- quite impressive:-). Regent has three ships with a total passenger count of 1,890 -- this is smaller than one Princess ship. Someone came up with an estimate that only 5% of cruise passengers go onto CruiseCritic. . . so, there just aren't that many of us.

The little bit of bickering you see on this board is simply strong opinions that people are trying to express -- and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Like Wendy said, most of us are here to answer questions and enjoy doing so. Welcome to the Regent board -- we'll do our best to make sure your experience here is a good one.:)

P.S. And, although off subject, I think I'm in love with your dog.

Archived