Parasailing with NCL

lynneamycruise

Has anyone parasailed in Samana (or elsewhere) with NCL excursions?:confused:

The age limit is 12 years old...my son will be 11 3/4 years old and would really like to try it. Has anyone had any experience with kids parasailing and is the age limit firm? Also, how long do you parasail?

Any info of this excursion would be very much appreciated..could not find anything in the DR boards so I thought I might post it here.

Thanks!

I went on my Sky sailing (Great Stirrup Cay) last year. I'd never parasailed, but I enjoyed it. The guys running the boat hit on me a bit, but that was the only slight negative.

There weren't any kids on my boat out to the sailing, so I have no experience with that.

I would say I was up in the air 5-7 minutes.

I have always found you got more value from a private company than the cruise ship's parasailing. You are out longer; up in the air longer & the price is less. The Q is do you trust the operator -- parasailing can be dangerous.

Thanks for the info...Trish, I agree with you..I have been on 7 cruises and have never taken a ship's excursion...I always do my own thing.

However, Samana, for what I have researched, is a different type of port...very primitive with very little private operators. Many seem to stay on the ship. I would love to find a private operator in Samana for parasailing, but no luck, and not sure if I would feel comfortable.

I am looking at the NCL excursions...not excited to pay the extra money.

Archived