Serenade of the Seas cabin 9571 - next to noisy linen area??

StaceyCT

I just moved my mom's cabin to 9571 on our January 23 Serenade of the Seas cruise. She was originally a few cabins farther away from ours, 9076, and the new location will make it easier to share care of our 2 year old with her.

But now I'm worried: 9571 is next to a blank space on the deck plan, and I've read that this can mean a noisy staff storage area for linens, etc. Does anyone have any experience with that cabin or that part of the ship that might help me decide whether to keep it or switch back? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm responding to my own post for anyone who may search for this cabin in the future:

Went on the cruise last week and the area next to mom's cabin (9571) is the ice vending machine for the crew. Mom reported that it was not noisy at all. I did notice that there seemed to be a lot more cabin steward activity in her part of the hall than elsewhere, but not a problem. The stewards were all so friendly and lovely :).

Archived