Atlantis Med 2010 Venice - Athens; August 16 2010 (Celebrity Equinox)

relo

Retlawv... Atlantis publishes what they call a vacation guide a couple weeks in advance of the cruise. It includes all the details of the cruise. For example, see this link for the Baltic cruise: http://www.atlantisevents.com/cruises_2010_baltic_docs.aspx

I'm getting antsy!!! It should be published by now! :p

thanks for jogging my memory, I do recall seeing the travel guide on the last cruise. i do not know why it takes them such a long time to get that out.

Hi guys.. got this info from the facebook site for the cruise, someone from the atlantis team posted the following.

Atlantis Cruise Vacation Guide:

Your Cruise Vacation Guide should be completed shortly. In the meantime, please note that Celebrity Equinox will be docked at Venezia Marittima Terminal Passeggeri. Embarkation is scheduled to begin at 2:00 PM..., and we’ll start check-in around 1:00 PM. Please note that all guests must be checked in and onboard by 4:00 PM for our 5:00 PM departure.

We have all nationalities on board.. I just noticed that relo was located in the netherlands.

I pay in canadian dollars which is close to par with the american dollar but our european friends the exchange rate is not as good as it used to be with the euro and the american dollar. Since the ship operates on american currency the exchange rate depending on what country you are from can make a difference how you choose which tours you take or costs on the ship.

Just on a side note.. I have a dutch background, my parents immigrated from the zwolle in the netherlands to canada in 1954.

I know there is a no knee and shoulder code for entering the Mosques in Istanbul. Anyone been before? Are long pants required or can you get away with shorts below the knee?

We're arriving in Munich on the 12th, spending the night, then on to Venice the next day.

Hey Gary, I'll be in the same Lufthansa connecting flight from Frankfurt to Venice, so I'll be on the lookout for that Atlantis duffle bag! Wait, you're arriving on the 14th (Saturday), right?!?! :D

-Ray :)

I'm in seat 4B (I think - anyway, it's an aisle a couple of rows back from the front bulkhead). Look for me there, Ray. :)

I'm in seat 4B (I think - anyway, it's an aisle a couple of rows back from the front bulkhead). Look for me there, Ray. :)

Hi Gary! Isn't seat 4B the co-pilot's seat??? LOL :p You're always ahead guy, how come you already have your seat number?

-Ray :cool:

Has anyone departed out of Venice on a cruise before?

Are there any shops at the Port where you can buy cases of water, wine, etc?

I heard there are grocery stores within Venice that should have cases of water, but I'm not sure about around the port.

Has anyone departed out of Venice on a cruise before?

Are there any shops at the Port where you can buy cases of water, wine, etc?

Hi MedCruise2010,

Here's the link to the Venice cruise terminal: http://www.vtp.it//terminal/crociere.jsp

We're embarking on Terminal 108, and there's a duty free shop there, based on the website. I just don't know if they sell water and wine there, and if ever they'll allow cruisers to bring cases of these aboard the ship. I know there's a limit as to how many bottles of wine/alcohol you can bring (2???), beyond which they will be "confiscated" for storage and will be given back once you disembark.

Hi MedCruise2010,

I just don't know if they sell water and wine there, and if ever they'll allow cruisers to bring cases of these aboard the ship. I know there's a limit as to how many bottles of wine/alcohol you can bring (2???), beyond which they will be "confiscated" for storage and will be given back once you disembark.

All the cruises I have been on, you have been able to bring unopened water bottles, including cases of water onboard. However, in March, in addition to confiscating alcohol from checked and carry-on luggage, they did not return it to you. Once it was confiscated, it was gone even though a lot of people complained.

All the cruises I have been on, you have been able to bring unopened water bottles, including cases of water onboard. However, in March, in addition to confiscating alcohol from checked and carry-on luggage, they did not return it to you. Once it was confiscated, it was gone even though a lot of people complained.

Thanks for the heads up BostonBud! :) Now, how can I turn those water in unopened bottles into alcohol ?!?! :D

Hi Gary! Isn't seat 4B the co-pilot's seat??? LOL :p You're always ahead guy, how come you already have your seat number?

If so, I'll have to get certified to fly that tub, Ray! When I booked through United, I just asked (via a real person) for all seat assignments on outbound and return flights. (The return flight is on Continental from Athens to Newark and United from Newark to SF.) Voila! Got the seats I wanted (that were still available at the time I booked.)

See you in about 10 days, Ray, et al. I've got to get serious now about packing! :eek:

Celebrity allows you to take two bottles of wine per stateroom. Since there is not Beverage Package on this charter we are trying to limit our expenses ;)

Usually in EU you can purchase small cases of the large bottled water - perhaps there is somewhere to stop along the way from the airport

If so, I'll have to get certified to fly that tub, Ray! When I booked through United, I just asked (via a real person) for all seat assignments on outbound and return flights. (The return flight is on Continental from Athens to Newark and United from Newark to SF.) Voila! Got the seats I wanted (that were still available at the time I booked.)

See you in about 10 days, Ray, et al. I've got to get serious now about packing! :eek:

Hi Gary,

You must have used your charm to be able to get that coveted "co-pilot's seat" LOL :D. I really am not that particular when it comes to seating, so whoever I get seated beside with, I'll leave it all to "fate"!

I've done all my "mental packing" and I've taken my suitcase out and just toss whatever I remember to bring in there. It seems like I'll be needing more than one!

-Ray :p

What if you purchased the wine that is now boxed or in tetra packs as an option. It won't show up on the scanners as a bottle in your luggage and will more than likely get through security? Now only if they'd put Vodka in a tetra pack :)

A week from tomorrow, I'll be heading to Venice. To those who are spending a few days in Venice pre-cruise, where will you be staying?

I'm booked at Hotel Monaco Grand Canal in San Marco. How about you guys?

We arrive the 13th and will be at the Hotel Al Codega, in between San Marco and Rialto.

My Cabin Mate from Houston found this site and I'm sharing with everyone. Wish he and I had stumbled upon it earlier, but the info is still good - especially Venice's Top 11 Free Sights.

Enjoy and see everyone in a few days. :p

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover.htm

For some reason, even though I've tried to edit, the "people" in the above URL keeps coming out "...ple." Please use "venice-people-mover" as part of the URL when you check out the site. Strange.

Archived