Sunny Liston vs Godfrey tours in St Thomas or other tours??

gam888

He didn't in January. But most stops along the way have beverages for sale. The look out point that was our first stop did. Mountaintop does. The shops downtown do and the beaches do as well. Totally up to you, just wanted to let you know your options.

Thanks...adult beverages if wanted I will purchase, but water I think I will try and bring. Kids go through a lot of water...

Are there any Tours that include water or Adult beverages ?

it can get very very warm and I drink plenty of water and would like a few adult beverages.

In St Martin we did Barnard tours and it included beverages drinks and rum,beer water etc. only at $35 per person and it was about 5-6 hours we loved it

Now looking for the same for St Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

My son (9) has sensory issues, how loud is it on Sunny's bus. He might enjoy it and laugh but it's something I have to think about. Also re: beaches Godfrey's site says he doesn't go to Sapphire anymore as facilities are crappy. I hear there are fees at Magans, what about Coki? DD and I might try snorkelling (do you bring your own gear), DS will just play is shallow water, DH just likes hanging on the beach. Thanks

I've used Godfrey twice and highly recommend him. That said, last time we were in St. Thomas, I stayed behind on the ship and my husband went. He had a Godfrey tour but with a different driver. The meeting place was changed and it ended up being "okay" but more than a bit chaotic to start. I rated it a 4.5 and he said more like 3.75-4, mainly because of the beginning.

We've taken Sunny Liston's tour 3-4 times over the last few years. Unless it's changed recently, the music didn't start right away during the tour. And the Days of the Week song is great. We sang it the rest of the cruise.

Also, on my very first tour with him, I emailed him afterwards and told him how much fun we had and asked who sang the 'Days of the Week' song because I was going to try and order it. About 2 weeks later a received a package.. Sunny had mailed me the CD! It was a surprise. He had made no mention of it in our email correspondence. He's a really great guy.

Kathy

Just got back from my Cruise on the Dream and I will say, that the Sony Liston Tour was probably the lowlight of my cruise, If I had it to do over again, I would just take a taxi and go where I want to go with out all of the BS. After Mountain Top, He asks what beach everyone wants to go to, then "strongly recommends" Sapphire Beach. It's Probably the closest. I told him my group would prefer Megans Bay, and he said Sapphire was just as nice and was free whereas Megans costs $4 to get in. He seemed to have some of the other groups hooked so I relented. When we got there, we were told that he would be back in a couple of hours to pick us up, which I didn't care for either, but we walked out on the beach secured a spot and rented some chairs. Then he walks out and tells us that we didn't pay to stay on the beach and we had to go with him now or pay him an extra $10 to stay on the free beach. Well, we already paid for chairs and just got settled in. If I had known I would have just went back to port and took a taxi to the beach I ACTUALLY WANTED TO GO TO. We were not enjoying the beach at all and decided to just get a taxi back to port. He stopped us in the parking lot and told us that we had to ride back with him, and we had to until the rest of the people from the group were ready, (about another 20 to 30 mins) We said so your saying we have to pay you $10 per person to take us back and we have to wait in stead of just paying a cab to take us right now. Then he continued to ARGUE with us about it. It made no sense. I would not recommend Sony Liston Tours. It put a damper on our whole stay in St. Thomas.

wow-I would be mad too.After he drops you and you get the chairs?He should owe you for what you paid for chairs.

I have only used Godfrey about 3 times.I always go to Megans Bay.In fact last time he said Sapphire wasnt the same and was dirty.Something with the bathrooms.

Just got back from my Cruise on the Dream and I will say, that the Sony Liston Tour was probably the lowlight of my cruise, If I had it to do over again, I would just take a taxi and go where I want to go with out all of the BS. After Mountain Top, He asks what beach everyone wants to go to, then "strongly recommends" Sapphire Beach. It's Probably the closest. I told him my group would prefer Megans Bay, and he said Sapphire was just as nice and was free whereas Megans costs $4 to get in. He seemed to have some of the other groups hooked so I relented. When we got there, we were told that he would be back in a couple of hours to pick us up, which I didn't care for either, but we walked out on the beach secured a spot and rented some chairs. Then he walks out and tells us that we didn't pay to stay on the beach and we had to go with him now or pay him an extra $10 to stay on the free beach. Well, we already paid for chairs and just got settled in. If I had known I would have just went back to port and took a taxi to the beach I ACTUALLY WANTED TO GO TO. We were not enjoying the beach at all and decided to just get a taxi back to port. He stopped us in the parking lot and told us that we had to ride back with him, and we had to until the rest of the people from the group were ready, (about another 20 to 30 mins) We said so your saying we have to pay you $10 per person to take us back and we have to wait in stead of just paying a cab to take us right now. Then he continued to ARGUE with us about it. It made no sense. I would not recommend Sony Liston Tours. It put a damper on our whole stay in St. Thomas.

Archived