Nice/Cannes Shore Excursion from Monte Carlo

ajtraveler66

One of the options for a shore excursion from a port of call in Monte Carlo is Nice & Cannes.

Have any of you ever taken this excursion (ours would be with NCL).

Some in the party are particularly interested in hitting a nice restaurant for lunch in either Cannes or Nice while we are there.

Thoughts?

Other than scenery along the coast what other points of interest would you try to include?

One of the options for a shore excursion from a port of call in Monte Carlo is Nice & Cannes.

Have any of you ever taken this excursion (ours would be with NCL).

Some in the party are particularly interested in hitting a nice restaurant for lunch in either Cannes or Nice while we are there.

Thoughts?

Other than scenery along the coast what other points of interest would you try to include?

Since no one replied I think it is because a lot of people do a DIY,but a ship's excursion should be fine as well.I can't speak for one,but I have spent time in the area,and you will not have a problem finding a place to eat in either place.Cannes I would suggest along the baech area and in Nice the old town area.Menu's are posted so you can see what they serve.Enjoy your cruise.

My only caution would be that many cruise ship excursions do not allow sufficient time for eating a decent lunch. This is one more reason why the OP might want to consider just going off on their own (easy to do in this part of France) and enjoying a nice leisurely lunch in one of the many nice restaurant/cafes located in the old town part of Nice (one of our favorite areas for a meal).

Hank

When it comes to Nice we just enjoy walking, browsing, eating and drinking. If the weather is lousy there are always museums, but our normal style is not to spend much time indoors. The two neighborhoods we recommend in Nice are the old town area (very close to the bus station if you take the bus from Villefranche or Monte Carlo) and the Promanade d'Anglais which is the famous strip along the water that runs by the famous Negresco Hotel. For those that can physically handle a day of walking, Nice can be explored totally on foot.

Hank

Archived