Must Island To Include on Caribbean Cruise Is? Because....

ajtraveler66

Getting ready to plan a first-time Caribbean Cruise for late 2010 or early 2011. I've noted that different cruiseliners hit different islands. From your experience(s) what island(s) would you definitely repeat...and for that matter which one(s) could you take or leave? And why?

From your experience(s) what island(s) would you definitely repeat...
Holland America's private island Halfmoon Cay is one stop I'd definitely repeat. You can also get there on a Carnival cruise. I mean, who wouldn't want to visit this beach again?

l16.jpg

The rest of my favorite islands are because I like warm water diving, so it might not appeal so much to you. I like Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, and Curacao. All this islands have good diving. I like Cozumel enough to go there for land vacations.

and for that matter which one(s) could you take or leave? And why?
I personally don't care much for St. Thomas, but I know lots of people do like it. A commonly visited island that I will never visit is Jamaica. I won't even consider a cruise that stops there. For me, there are just too many other places to dive than to waste my time stopping in Jamaica, even for just 1 day.

Archived