Considering 14 day Emerald June 2010

sempronialou

This past summer we went on our first cruise on the CB 9 Day Eastern Caribbean. We loved it and it was awesome. I think we're hooked. I was thinking we'd just take a land vacation next year, but then my husband suggested we take another cruise which he didn't really have to do much convincing.

We're thinking of doing the 14 day on the Emerald (I don't know it's actual abbreviation) 6/2010. I'm assuming it's back to back, so I have no idea how that works. I did some searches on the board and it seems you just leave your stuff on the ship and you get off while they clean and what not and then re-board the ship again. Will princess book the same cabin for the whole duration or will we have to change rooms in between?

I had some other questions, but they seemed to have left my head at the moment.

This past summer we went on our first cruise on the CB 9 Day Eastern Caribbean. We loved it and it was awesome. I think we're hooked. I was thinking we'd just take a land vacation next year, but then my husband suggested we take another cruise which he didn't really have to do much convincing.

We're thinking of doing the 14 day on the Emerald (I don't know it's actual abbreviation) 6/2010. I'm assuming it's back to back, so I have no idea how that works. I did some searches on the board and it seems you just leave your stuff on the ship and you get off while they clean and what not and then re-board the ship again. Will princess book the same cabin for the whole duration or will we have to change rooms in between?

I had some other questions, but they seemed to have left my head at the moment.

When you do your initial booking, try to get the same cabin for both cruises. That way you are assured of not having to change. We're on the June 6th sailing, so perhaps we'll see you there.

If you are able to book the same cabin for both cruises, you won't have to move for the second leg of your B2B. The earlier you book, the better your chance of securing the same cabin for both cruises.

No need to leave the ship on turn around day unless you want to. You can stay onboard and enjoy a relaxing day by the pool or whatever your pleasure.

Lew

We have done a couple of back to backs - try to get the same cabin (book early). If you do, the "change-over" day is just like any other day. You don't have to pack, get up early or change your routine at all. The cabin steward works around your times as they always do. We had one in L.A. coming from Sydney and heading to Vancouver. Having been to LA before we just stayed on the ship and watched people get off. Then we had the ship mostly to ourselves before new people boarded. The only thing we had to do was to go back to the place where people were coming on board and get a new picture taken and were issued a new cruise card (the first one expires at the end of the first cruise). On another back to back we were in a port we wanted to see so we just got off the ship and then reboarded. I forget if we got our new cards first or not.

If you get a different cabin, you have to relocate that day. The cabin steward will help with that.

We are doing another B2B on the Star starting next week: LA to Santiago and then Santiago to Rio (same cabin - yeah).

Thank you for your answers. That helps me a lot. I didn't even think about the cruise card logistics. It would make sense to have to get a new card. I plan on booking it this week. I hope we are able to get the same cabin for both legs. I'm really excited.

Pia1913: We are planning on going June 20th because school doesn't let out until the 6/18 and my husband is a teacher. I hope you have a good time on your cruise.

Archived