Odyssey Black Tie Gala Nov. 13th FLL

CruiserKit

Had the pleasure of being on the Odyssey for a night of cruising during the Odyssey Arts Event for the Miami-Dade County Performing Arts. Had the great pleasure of dining with Pam Conover, The Captain and the CEO of Carnival. Great show featuring Bernadette Peters. It was a fantastic evening.

I know Marla and David E were anxious to meet Bernadette Peters.

Don't 'cha know everybody donned their best formal attire?;)

Heard from good friends in Ft Laud the Odyssey left last (5 ships) yesterday afternoon ~~~gorgeous and sleek!

Martita B.

Had the pleasure of being on the Odyssey for a night of cruising during the Odyssey Arts Event for the Miami-Dade County Performing Arts. Had the great pleasure of dining with Pam Conover, The Captain and the CEO of Carnival. Great show featuring Bernadette Peters. It was a fantastic evening.

Who is Bernadette Peters ???:confused:

From the Miami Herald:

"Peters will perform Friday night a few miles offshore aboard The Yachts of Seabourn's new Seabourn Odyssey. The floating fundraiser, Arts Odyssey: A Collaboration, benefits the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts and its three resident companies: Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet and New World Symphony. Cabin prices range from $5,000 to $125,000.

For Peters, this concert is a big deal. ``I don't swim and I don't go on cruises,'' she told The Miami Herald. ``They promised me they would just go out two miles and anchor. It's like being in a big hotel on the water. I get the taste of a cruise without going on one.''

Bernadette Peters is probably the heiress to the female broadway musical star label vacated by Mary Martin and Ethel Merman in previous generations. She has originated many roles and won many Tonys for her performances, including Dot in Sunday in the Park With George, Mabel in Mack and Mabel to name two. She's also a consummate interpreter of Stephen Sondheim's music. A true performer. Frankly, it's a shame people in the UK are not familiar with her work but then ask and American about Elaine Page and you'll get a blank stare too.

wripro

Two of my favorites are Elaine Page and Sarah Brightman ~~

On the Odyssey Maiden TA one of our lecturers was Marcus Dillistone ~~English movie producer. He's a friend of Andrew Lloyd Webber.....he's most interesting to talk with and very knowledgable.

I hope we'll see more of Marcus.

I hope Seabourn and the Miami Corp. Office raised lots of money for the Miami Arts last Friday evening on the Odyssey ~~

MB

I did have the opportunity to meet Ms. Peters backstage with the Odyssey Entertainers and have our picture taken with her. One of the entertainers and I have known each other for 5 years sailing with her on the Legend crossings. She included me in their small group to go back stage. Ms. Peters is a very sweet and kind woman not to mention extremely talented. She was on stage for almost an hour. It is something that I will never forget. And to be able to experience it on the Odyssey, made it even more special. What an incredible experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived