Deals for cruising new year's ?

beachh2o

This will be my 4th New Years cruise. I have done 3,5, 7 & this year an 8 night. We LOVE them!:D

I have found this years rates to be the lowest ever. I booked ES in Jan and got what I felt was a great deal. A little under 2 grand for 8 days in a balcony. 2 people.

Since final payment the rates have dropped $180 dollars ( thats in the last 2 weeks) There are still about 60 balcony cabins alone left (that are showing) The OV are pretty well gone and all the suites are gone. The closer you get the less choice of cabins you will have.

As for a sale.. I don't think they will advertise a sale unless they really get down to the wire and put whats left on Pack and Go. You just really need to watch the sailing you want for price drops.

2 good friends of mine did not book ES for our New Years cruise and saw all the open cabins. They cancelled and are waiting it out. They would have really been PO'd to see the prices drop and not be able to get the OBC.

Good Luck. Keep checking those prices!

need to watch the sailing you want for price drops.

2 good friends of mine did not book ES for our New Years cruise and saw all the open cabins. They cancelled and are waiting it out. They would have really been PO'd to see the prices drop and not be able to get the OBC.

Good Luck. Keep checking those prices!

I would be more PO'D if the prices went up and could no longer go. They thought it was a fair price when they booked it. It would suck to not be able to go.

This is our second NYE cruise, I booked both of them more than a year out and have only seen prices go UP after booking in both cases. Coincidentally, I just checked prices for next year and they are much higher than we have paid in the past. Its pretty much the most expensive week to book in most cases. I think next year we might have to pass.

We are on the Dream for NYE this year, and I booked during that pricing "glitch" - cancelled another booking and switched. We paid much, much less than the going rate. Don't think we can get that lucky again!

Archived