Thomson Celebration, Cairo Museum

cost of visiting the Mummies' Room, its probably the same as the other toilets....................:D:D

Very useful quote in response to a first post by fastnloose. I hope that the other 100 of your posts haven't stopped 1st timers posting again even if it was in jest.

Oh come on lighten up..........................:D:D:D

I recommended Fastnloose to this site as they are newbies to cruising, ( this was the first time they have used a forum for anything, being fairly new to the internet as well) they are a little worried that they have may have booked something that is not good and they might not enjoy. So they have asked a straight forward question and received a reply which indicated to them that Cairo and museum is filthy and they have made a huge mistake.

Perhaps a welcoming note before answering with twaddle would have been more appropriate.

I have googled it for you and on 1st march it was 60LE to get in the museum, and a further 100 LE to get into the mummies room. One of the forums did not think it was worth it, but that of course is upto you

I thought when you paid for your 'day trip' everything was included in that cost, or am I wrong? Do you pay seperately for any place/building that you want to see as you enter same?

I thought when you paid for your 'day trip' everything was included in that cost, or am I wrong? Do you pay seperately for any place/building that you want to see as you enter same?

Hi,

Normally they tell you if you there is an optional extra charge to do something.

But the excursion details on the Thomson's site does not.

But it was the same for us on The Royal Caribbean excursion there in June.

Not everyone wants to visit the mummies and there were mummies lying about in the general museum area. The time in there goes so quickly anyway and it was so hot and crowded we were glad to get out.

Berwyn

When we went with Thomson, the entry fee into the Cairo Museum itself was included in the price of the excursion. However there is an optional supplement to visit the Royal Mummies which wasn't included within the price.

We didn't visit the mummies as there is loads to see in the rest of the museum and we wanted to spend time looking at Tutankhamun's treasures which are vast and worthy of closer attention.

Archived