Thanks KK for the excellent tour sugguestion in Acapulco

cruz chic

I just wanted to thank you for the suggestion to do the Beach Getaway in Acapulco. You had done a write up a while back and I thought it sounded great. I've never been a fan of Acapulco but I saw a different side that day. I was just beautiful and I really enjoyed the day.

Thanks so much for all the excellent advice you provide on this board. It's good to have you back:).

I just wanted to thank you for the suggestion to do the Beach Getaway in Acapulco. You had done a write up a while back and I thought it sounded great. I've never been a fan of Acapulco but I saw a different side that day. I was just beautiful and I really enjoyed the day.

Thanks so much for all the excellent advice you provide on this board. It's good to have you back:).

I think I missed the suggestion. Could you elaborate? I'll be in Acapulco soon and would like some ideas.

Thanks.

I think I missed the suggestion. Could you elaborate? I'll be in Acapulco soon and would like some ideas.

Thanks.

It was actually a couple of years ago so I'm not surprised that you missed it:D. The following is copied from a post she made about 2 years ago. She described it perfectly so I've copied it. The hotel was beautiful and quite deserted. I would do this tour again. Here it is:

We opted for the Beach Getaway Tour. Our tour left at 10 AM for the Fairmont Pierre Marques Hotel. Our tour guide was new and couldn’t speak very good English. The original description said that we would only have one stop out to the hotel for picturing taking. Every time our tour guide saw something he would have the bus stop and then tried to describe it and because the bus driver had to keep pulling the bus off to the side of the road, he would then have a hard time trying to get back into the driving lane. We finally got to the hotel at 11 AM. Originally we were suppose to have left the hotel at 2 to be back at the ship by 3 -- it was a 5 hour tour. Once we were at the hotel, our tour guide pointed out a few things to us and then told us to meet him back in the lobby at 3, He was giving us an extra hour on the beach. That wasn’t bad, but by 2 - 2:30 many of us were tired and would like to have headed back to the ship. The sun was really hot and there was little shade at the hotel -- the lobby isn’t that big.

Once we got all of our instructions, we quickly found a couple of lounge chairs and an umbrella by the quiet pool. Didn’t have to worry about towels as the hotel supplies them. We noticed that a few people did bring some from the ship. At 1 PM we met at the La Terraza restaurant for a buffet lunch. It was a feast!! There were 10 different kinds of prepared salads, mixed greens, tomatoes and various other vegetables and several kinds of dressing, tortilla chips and several different salsas and a soup of the day for starters. The hot dishes included beef in mushroom sauce, chicken in a shrimp sauce, fried fish, pasta, refried beans, steamed vegetables, rice and potatoes. For dessert you had your choice of a flan, chocolate cake, cupcakes, and flavors of ice cream (chocolate - not very good, vanilla, strawberry and coconut- very good) as well as a choice of topping - chocolate sauce, coconut sauce, assorted chopped nuts, flaked coconut and raisins. Now if you didn’t like any of those offering you could go to the American section where you had a choice of hot dogs, hamburgers, fish filet, grilled chicken on a bun, spicy or regular pork sandwich and French fries. We also had a choice of 2 non-alcoholic drinks with our meal. After lunch we walked the beach for a while. The sand is very compact and easy to walk on. Then it was time to rest awhile on the lounge chairs. Most of us were back in the lobby by 2:30. At 2:45 our guide walked out to where our bus was parked off the hotel grounds -- he didn’t have a pager!

If you get the chance to go off on your own, or if there is a tour that offers it, the Pie de la Cuesta is my favorite part of Acapulco. It's gorgeous, untouched, pristine beach just outside of the city. It's like a completely different place. You can go horseback riding, kayaking, etc, sip coco locos on the beach, etc.

It's beautiful.

If you get the chance to go off on your own, or if there is a tour that offers it, the Pie de la Cuesta is my favorite part of Acapulco. It's gorgeous, untouched, pristine beach just outside of the city. It's like a completely different place. You can go horseback riding, kayaking, etc, sip coco locos on the beach, etc.

It's beautiful.

Never heard of it before.....thx for the info. I never thought in a million years that Acapulco was so beautiful....but I've seen it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks KrazyKruisers -- we've got a cruise booked for Feb 2011, and I'm sort-of thinking maybe cancelling it and doing some sort of land vacation. DH will have kittens when he sees the prices, I suspect, but maybe we'll have sold our house by then???? :) Alternatively, we might (BIG "might") change the cruise from Sea of Cortez to the 11-day Mexican coast.

I love the Fairmont product, and it's good to know the food there is excellent -- it's always been good at any Fairmont I've been to.

The hotel was beautiful and the food was just excellent. Like KK says, lots of selection it was hard to choose. The only thing I can complain about was the dessert selction. I can't remember there being anything chocolate :D:rolleyes:.

P.S. Cow Princess.....I'd love to see those kittens.

P.S. Cow Princess.....I'd love to see those kittens.

:D

Well, I'm going to discuss all this with him tonight. Land-based vs. the Mex coastal cruise vs. the Sea of Cortez. Thanks for the replies, I do sooooooo love Fairmont -- we'll probably do that if we do the cruise that goes to Acapulco.

I may have other questions, stay tuned please :) And thanks again for the info!

Oh man....they must have hid that from me. Good thing maybe. I just hate it when I have to butter my butt to get it through the doors of the ship:D.

Toooooo funny :D

We'll not be considering this property for a land-based vacation. Have not yet dismissed the idea of the Mex Pacific coast cruise, so a visit to it may STILL be in my future.

Thanks again :)

Archived