Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina-have you stayed there?

PrincessCarolyn

OK I booked my hotel last night (for this weekend for one night before our cruise) and YES I always book last minute. lol

I looked at hotels for HOURS last night. Even though we are only staying at this hotel for about 14 hours we do NOT do budget motel/hotel but since we're arriving at 9pm I couldn't see going crazy (even though I wanted to book the Ritz or Pelican Grand) LOL

Anyway, I'd love to hear from ANYONE who has stayed specifically at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina. We have the Grande View room (not in the tower)

It's second story w/ a view of the marina and pool.

Hyatt Place had rooms for 89$ a night on a popular discount site which sounded good but didn't book it.....Hyatt Place sounded great so I called them direct and their price was MORE than the website but I've been burned booking through the discount sites so I don't do that anymore.

Anyway I chose the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina because it was exactly 2 miles from the airport and only 1 mile from the pier-I figured not a ridiculous taxi fare?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU :)

Check the Trip Advisor for your hotel reviews. There are MANY... go to Trip Advisor.com put in the hotel name in the search box and it will come up with the name of hotel and "reviews". Click on that and read all about it. It will also tell you how it is rated in popularity.

Taxi fares are VERY reasonable in Fort Lauderdale. The airport is really close to everything. Very nice city.

We stayed there 2 nights post-cruise last year. We stayed in a marina view room in the tower and the room was large enough for our family of three. The staff was nice, our daughter loved the pool, and we enjoyed our stay. That's why we are returning this year for our pre-cruise night.

We stayed there two weeks ago in a marina view room not in the tower which sounds like yours, you can walk to the pier and get on the water taxi, we did this in the morning before the cruise, great way to see Ft Lauderdale and all the fancy homes and yachts.

The hotel is great, we had two queen beds and a good bathroom, with tub and shower, hairdryer was a bonus I didn't take mine as they provide them on the cruise and I was saving on luggage weight. It is about 5 mins from the port as you said...

Edited to add we wished we had booked another night post cruise as we were dropped at Miami airport at 10am for a 5.10 flight and we would have preferred an extra day in Ft L.

Hi:)I will be there in 2 days:D staying there Wed night before my

cruise on Thursday:)

I have stayed there when it was the Marriott Marina and then it was

The FLorida Grande.......now it is a Hilton. Got my room on Priceline

for a total of 74.00:)

Will be glad to give you my thoughts when I get back. Love the Water

Taxi!

Oh..you will be getting on the ship as I am disembarking! Have a great cruise:)

Hey Lois, have another one of your fantastic cruises!

We are staying at the Hilton Marina in March. Would love to hear your thoughts about the property. This is our very first trip to Florida.

We are going on a 10 day Ruby Princess.

Bon Voyage,

Sha

Archived