Cabin Decision Coral

Cellagirl

For Alaska, I would definitely go with the BD Balcony on baja. There is so much to see in Alaska you don't want to miss a minute of it and the view from a balcony room is so much better than from an oceanview (even if you're not outside on the balcony.

The cat BE cabins at the stern end of Emerald are also worth considering, if you're considering veranda cabins. I think all the mid-ship oceanviews on Emerald are obstructed view (lifeboats) and for Alaska, I wouldn't want any obstructions for sure!

The cat BEs at the stern end of Emerald have oversized, fully covered verandas with extra head room. If it was drizzly weather, you could still be outside. We prefer the port side cabins from 708 forward; it's kind of a hike to the buffet, but we figure we need the exercise anyway! ;)

Cheers,

Kirsten

I did post this question on the Alaska Forum too so.... We are sailing May 15th 2010 to Alaska on the Coral. Would you choose Cat EE Mid ship Emerald Deck, ocean view or Cat BD balcony stern Baja Deck? Thanks for your opinions.:D

We would chose the Emerald Deck, obstructed view, or Plaza Deck, because we spend all our time 'out and about' while on the ship and it may be rather cool. Motion sickness is the cause of our wanting to be midship, so its personal! We have always been able to see pretty well when in the ob.v. cabins.

Donna and Dave

Archived