Prepayment required for shore excursions??

Cessna140

Hello,

We are new to Celebrity, have booked the Solstice for the first week of February. We usually cruise Princess or RCI. When I went to the Celebrity website to reserve shore excursions I was very surprised to find that they require total payment in full NOW. My shore excursion isn't until February 3rd and they have already charged my Visa. Is this the common practice on Celebrity?

Nancy

It is my understanding yes, they do take your payment now., but you can cancel without penalty up to 4 days prior and they will credit your card. If it is cancelled within those 4 days or after you embark the ship they will credit your shipboard account.

Hello,

We are new to Celebrity, have booked the Solstice for the first week of February. We usually cruise Princess or RCI. When I went to the Celebrity website to reserve shore excursions I was very surprised to find that they require total payment in full NOW. My shore excursion isn't until February 3rd and they have already charged my Visa. Is this the common practice on Celebrity?

Nancy

Nancy, Celebrity and RCI both require full payment at time of booking.

Umm, as did Princess, and I thought every other cruise line when you booked a shore excursion online....:confused:

Princess does not require full payment at the time you reserve your shore excursions - pre-cruise - it's charged to your on board account.

Judy

Archived