Silly yet specific question about a dish on Princess

Belease

Wow, great insights, everyone, thank you for your help!

bgbaird - I hope to be able to do this when I sail! My OH is teetotal though, so the freeflowing wine people have mentioned for this will pass him by!

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond. You're all fantastic! :D

I don't drink, and I still enjoyed Chef's Table immensely. There is a fair amount of wine, but it's not what I'd call free flowing. I was concerned about that too, but I just told them I didn't drink, and there was no problem. The rest of the experience is well worth the price if you're a foodie. We'll repeat it on our next cruise if the couple we're traveling with wants to sign up.

If you cook a Whole Turkey & do not stuff it with a Dressing I would suggest stuffing it with Oranges cut into quarters with some Zest from a whole Orange added into the cavity with what ever other spices you use in there also. The juice from the Oranges helps to keep the Turkey moist & they add a nice flavor also. I do this with every Turkey I cook. One of my Family's favorite things at any Dinner is one of my Spiced Pinepapple Up/Side Down Cake that I make in one of my Cast Iron Skillets. It is good for that Dinner & for the next morning with Coffee. I think I stole the Cake idea from Alton Brown(Good Eats) from the Food TV Channel & Food Network.com. One of our Daughters lives in Germany with her Family & they get together with other Americans for Thanksgiving for a Turkey Dinner or whatever one of them cooks. Last year one of them deep Fried a Turkey in a park. Also a really good change of pace is a Smoked Turkey that changes the flavor between Turkey & Ham. Anyway Good Eating.:)

Our SIL is from the south and one year we had a TurDukin. It was amazing. A boneless turkey stuffed with a boneless duck and then a boneless chicken with stuffing inside the chicken. I'm sure you'll find so many ideas and personnal customs with this holiday. My parents being Irish we always had a warm soda bread and tea. Now we're in New Mexico my husband has to have green chili with all his meals.

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/cds_auth/signup/default/join_step1.asp?Extcode=E9MP2AC0W

This site will give you limited access to Cooks Illustrated recipes which are fabulous. It is very much American cooking. This is their Thanksgiving special. The subscription to the magazine was given to me as a gift a number of years ago and any recipes I've tried have been delicious. I hope the link will work for you.

If you are interested in American cooking try this limited time membership. I received a subscription to their magazine a few years ago and have asked for it to be extended ever since. I have yet to make one of their recipes that hasn't been delicious.

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/cds_auth/signup/default/join_step1.asp?Extcode=E9MP2AC0W

Hope the link works for you.

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to try out that link! Thanks for the recipe ideas too - I think the thing I like most about Thanksgiving is that it's so varied! In the UK, our 'turkey dinner' at Christmas is very similar from person to person, but Thanksgiving is so different with each family. I love that!

Archived