NCL Dawn - Chef's Degustation Menu

AuntieBarb

My husband and I had the pleasure of attending the first presentation of the Chef's Degustation Menu aboard the NCL Dawn's 11/1/09 Repositioning Cruise. In our opinion, this is an event not to be missed !!!

Cost: $75 per person

One of the ship's top officer's will host this dining experience. Ours was to be hosted by the captain, but he was unable to attend due to an emergency leaving port. To our delight, our evening was hosted by Hugo.

The dinner is comprised of 5 courses, specially designed by the chef. Each course is paired with select wines. The portions were outstanding. The food was excellent. The company was delightful. The evening lasted for 3 hours!

The menu has been altered, thanks to suggestions from guests. The Sea Bass is now offered as a main entree, with a salad in its place. The Rack of Lamb has been replaced with Filet of Duck.

If this sounds like your "cup of tea", I strongly urge you to reserve a spot!

NCLDawnDegustationMenu0001.jpg

Hi Barb,

Glad you enjoyed the dinner.:)

After the chowder, the salad course is a "canteloupe melon fan with Macke Salad" with a champagne vinaigrette. (no idea what Macke salad is)

The duck offering as an entree is:

Roast Long Island Duck

Green peppercorn-cognac sauce, tuxedo orzo pasta, brocolli stuffed tomato with cashew crunch

paired with Il Poggione Brunello di Mantalcino 2000, Tuscany, Italy

With the Chilean Sea Bass is an entree, there's a different wine pairing.

Hope to read more about this as more guests try it. RichNY, if you do sign up, pls come back & tell us about it.

Anoop offered to make reservations for us for this dinner, however when he found out we do not drink wine, he said it might be a bit pricey for just the meal. I don't know, it sounds delicious to me. I have to admit though, I would have felt out of place with everyone drinking wine and us drinking our soda's. 8-)

The menu looked incredible to us but the price was the prohibitive factor. Maybe that is the economy speaking for me. But, they did not seem to have a problem filling 2 seatings.

Terry, that was nice of Anoop to look out for your interests. I think that was the big draw of the dinner, being able to try some very interesting wines that were matched with each dish.

PE

How many people do they allow to sign up for this? I would love to try this. Hopefully they keep the Chilean Sea Bass as an entree. My absolute all-time favorite fish.

I am not sure what limit they have set, but I believe ours had 20 + Hugo.

The Sea Bass was wonderful, but as an appetizer and a full size serving it was way too much! I am happy to see it offered as a main entree now.

Archived