Renewal of vows questions

Lisa63

We're taking our first Princess cruise next month, and I am surprising my husband with a renewal of our marriage vows. :)

Several questions, though:

• Which night is the renewal of vows ceremony typically held? (We're on Diamond Princess)
  • If the ceremony is at the same time as our early seating traditional dinner time, will we be able to use one of the PC dining rooms that evening and keep our traditional dining time for the rest of the cruise?
  • We're cruising with friends -- may they attend the ceremony?
  • Finally -- I imagine that details about the package will be delivered to our stateroom at some point. When and how is this usually done? (I'm surprising DH and want to know when I'll have to spill the beans.)

Thanks in advance!

Lisa - congratulations on surprising your hubby with this special event. I am sure your friends can attend. And you can eat in PC dining for one night and still keep your traditional seating - the night before just tell your waiter that you will not be there the next night and explain why (it would be like going to Sabatinis or any other alternative restaurant.)

I am not sure how you will be notified, but you willl know in advance.

Lisa

We renewed our vows last September on the Golden. A letter was waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded the ship.

Our ceremony was at the same time as dinner in the traditional dining room, but we just ate at the PC dining room that night. We had informed our waiter and our table companions that we would not be in traditional that evening.

Enjoy your ceremony - it will be wonderful!

My husband surprised me with this package on during our October cruise on the Star Princess. I am not sure if he requested it or not but our ceremony was on the first formal night. Your husband will get a detailed letter of what all the package includes on your embarcation day. You will have a wonderful time, and Congratulations! We were celebrating our 23rd, and it meant so much more than the original ceremony!

Good luck!

Thank you all. Gosh, I can't believe I missed the earlier thread. I thought I had done a pretty thorough search before posting... apparently not.

The only thing I'm still concerned about is the dining time. I'd heard that they are more strict on Diamond Princess than on other ships about Traditional diners eating in the PC dining rooms. (Someone please correct me if that is not so.) But since it appears the letter indicating the date and time will be in our stateroom upon embarkation, I will immediately make a reservation for the Steak House for the same evening, I suppose.

Lisa

We got married in October on the Diamond. My maid of honor had traditional seating (everyone else had PC dining) with her son and she didn't have any problems when we had special dinners in the other dinning rooms. We had a first night special dinner in the Steakhouse so all 16 people can be together, some hadn't met yet. We had dinner with everyone on the day of wedding.

We got married at 3:30 on the second day at sea (Monday). Tom, the wedding coordinator, is terrific. You will also be invited (the last sea day) to visit the bridge.

We decided that this was the very best way to get married.

If you have any specific questions ask away, I will do my best to answer them.

Archived