venetian society savings

whylion

It might just be the cruises I'm interested in, but it seems like the V symbolizing extra discount for past customers have disappeared from the website. Are they phasing this out? I guess it makes it moot whether they take the savings of the "brochure fare" or the discounted fare.

Does anyone know if they are still giving discount for booking on board?

Looks like yet another example of how Silversea are starting to treat their regular guests!!!! With six ships now to fill, I appreciate that they need to grow their market....but they also need to retain existing Venetian Society members by making them feel valued. They have already eroded the earned VS discounts by applying them to the net fare and now they can't even offer specific VS sailings at the launch of the 2011 voyages.

I was just on the Silver Shadow. I booked the new ship, the Spirit, for November of 2010 while on board. I received a 5% discount at the time.

Jane

Which cruise did you book? We have booked the Spirit FLL to FLL Nov 22 to Dec 2! Have a problem at the moment--our house and dog sitter is not available--hope we can work something out! Don

I'm on the cruise just prior to yours; the exact same dates as the one I just got off of. I would have absolutely loved to see you and Lola again. The itinerary suited me best; I loved Tortola and I like coming in to Barbados a few days early. The anticipation of sailing is really sweet.

One of these days perhaps we'll meet on the high seas again!

Jane :)

Over the past 3 weeks l seem to be getting a lot more Venetian mail outs.

The deals are ok but nothing to special.

Are others recieving more than usuall as well?

Nothing here - I am persona non grata with Venetian Society, apparently

I was on PAII this year and received no information on Venetian Society. None of the cruises I am looking at have the symbol. One thing I want to note is that I thought if a cruise was already 50% off they would not apply another discount? The problem is that the rack rates are really high and their marketing is 50-60% off on many cruises. We could not get the "New to Silver Seas" discount on our first cruise this year, I think $250.00pp, because our cruise was already discounted.

Over the past 3 weeks l seem to be getting a lot more Venetian mail outs.

The deals are Ok but nothing to special.

Are others receiving more than usual as well?

Are they different than the cruises with symbols shown on their web site?

We booked two future sailings and were told that the V discounts have not yet been decided. We were told that we will get that credit if the cruises we selected become V sailings.

Were these booked onboard and do you get anything for booking onboard such as OBC? I never saw anyone selling cruises (Future Cruise Consultant) on our PAII trip this year.

Jade13 -

You usually get a additional 5% off when booking onboard, but it might depend on the cruise you are looking at. There is a cruise sales person on the regular ships, but I'm not sure about the PAII. They even did it retroactively on a future cruise we had booked before the cruise that we were on (I thought that was generous).

Jade13 -

You usually get a additional 5% off when booking onboard, but it might depend on the cruise you are looking at. There is a cruise sales person on the regular ships, but I'm not sure about the PAII. They even did it retroactively on a future cruise we had booked before the cruise that we were on (I thought that was generous).

I called and the person who answered happened to be the one that schedules the Future Cruise Consultants (or whatever SilverSeas calls them) and could confirm there was no one on board PAII in July. I was told if I had called right away they could have applied the 5% savings. I didn't call because I didn't know about it until reading about it on CC. I was told to write a letter. It's over $500.00 on the cruise we have a deposit on for 2011. They didn't even place brochures in our cabin so I wasn't thinking about a future cruise. Not only that, but unlike HAL where the deposit is non-refundable, I was told all I had to do was say I was interested in 2011 and I would be placed on a list to call when the itineraries came out and I would get that 5% this week. At the time, SilverSeas would not have even required a deposit on a 2011 cruise :(

Archived