Tours in Manzanillo

MOYSHA

I'm having a tough time looking for private(not ship related) tours in Manzanillo.

Has anybody on this board been there?

Does anyboidy know any good tour operators?

I've been communicating with Paco from Chimal Tours. We are doing a tour with him next week in Manzanillo. I'll let you know how it goes. I had a hard time finding much info on the "Exotic" Mexican ports as well.

Hi there, I have e-mailed about 4 different independent tour companies about Manzanillo and most of them wanted at least 4 people in order to discuss anything.

The only one that was willing (and very nice in e-mails) to discuss a private tour was:

http://www.admiremexicotours.com/

e-mail is admiremexicotours@hotmail.com

Jupiter has wonderful English and seems willing to customize the tour in any way you'd like.

I found him from the Trip Advisor Manzanillo forum:p

I'm having a tough time looking for private(not ship related) tours in Manzanillo.

Has anybody on this board been there?

Does anyboidy know any good tour operators?

Just got back from a mexican Rivera cruise. For Manzanillo we used Chimal Tours. For the 8 of us they provided a van with a cooler of drinks for $41 pp. We went by the salt mines, fruit plantations and spent a couple of hours at the turtle sancutary where we got to release baby turtles into the ocean and went on a boat through the mangove swamps where we saw lot of birds,fish and a python on a branch that we passed under. We could have reached out and touched it , but no one wished to. Then we went into town for lunch and shopping with a stop on the way to check out some hugh iguanas. Had a bit of exitcitment as well when our van got into an accident with a truck hauling bricks.

I triedd to email Chimal Tours using the email on his web site, but the emnail came back as undeliverable.

riffatsea.....I emailed Admire mexico but thry never answered my email. Who were the other companies that you tried ?

I triedd to email Chimal Tours using the email on his web site, but the emnail came back as undeliverable.

riffatsea.....I emailed Admire mexico but thry never answered my email. Who were the other companies that you tried ?

The address from Chimal in my email response was chimaltour@prodigy.net.mx . Try that one. Another company to try in Manzanillo is goManzanillo . Seems that if they fill up on tours for the day they just don't respond to any more emails. That could be the problem ,

Hmlmm?? Very strange I have been e-mailing back and forth with Jupiter from Admire Mexico with the e-mail I gave you. Just the last few days he has not answered my last e-mail but otherwise he has been very quick!

The same with the other tour company Chimal. In fact after my first e-mail to them , they have been bombarding me with further e-mails.

Why don't you check your spam filter. Maybe your computer thinks they are spam??

The other companies would not talk to me about a private tour. They all wanted at LEAST 4--5 people.

They are:

harotours@gmail.com

info@hectours.com

Moysha, I have just written another e-mail to Jupiter to see if everything is OK. I told him about your e-mail as well so I'll let you know if I hear back from him.

I will be disappointed if something is wrong as he seemed most willing to follow our interests and prepare a tour for us accordingly.

Hi Riffatsea

As always , thanks for your help.

I gave Chimal a boot in the email and he's answering my emails, in fact we're going to go on his tour.

As far as Admire Mexico, I still haven't rard from them.

If somebody dorsn't answer my emails , I take it that they don't want my business

We are not going until the first week of March.

We were more interested in the Comala area and had planned to see some local artisans in an even smaller village because we collect native crafts.

Thanks for the info though about the turtle release dates.

I'll let you know what we end up doing and will be looking forward to reading about your adventures too!!!:p

I had the pleasure of meeting Paco from Chimal tours when I was in Manzanillo a few weeks ago. The operator we had booked with didn't show up & Paco helped us get settled with one of his other drives from Chimal. He even settled the tab directly with the (pre-paid) operator that no-showed. Next time, we'll use Chimal directly. Great guy with a top notch operation.

Wonder who the "no show" people were????

I have now heard back from Jupiter of Admire Mexico and we will probably stick with him as he has tailored the day to our interests.

IF something happens and he doesn't show then we'll just negotiate with a local taxi. I speak decent Spanish and am comfortable doing that.

She heyd generally favorable reviews so we just chalked it up to an odd day for her. You can Alfo take a taxi to boquita and just snorkel from there. There are operators all along the beach that will take you out. I will be there again in March and will most likely be going about it that way.

Hi Riffatsea

As always , thanks for your help.

I gave Chimal a boot in the email and he's answering my emails, in fact we're going to go on his tour.

As far as Admire Mexico, I still haven't rard from them.

If somebody dorsn't answer my emails , I take it that they don't want my business

We had an incredible day with Chimal tours on the ATV tour. He customized it to our tastes! Hope you enjoy your day!

We just got back from our cruise on Saturday and went with Harotours in Manzanillo.

Simply walked off the ship, and walked up to a guy carrying a sign for ATV tours and chatted with him a bit, he quoted me $60 per person and we had a fantastic excursion, and also got a tour of the tequila factory and a tasting of their tequila.

Very cool! I highly recommend them. We were two people, one other guy was booked and they dropped off two more after we got there, so we had a group of 5 total. They took great care of us, our driver David was excellent, and considering it was totally unplanned on our part made it even better.

Manzanillo is a lovely city once you get past the port area and we were very pleasantly surprised by this area. It was clean and not touristy at all, which was refreshing. No one bothered us to buy stuff, and it was a truly neat place.

I just copied their info from the other poster, but here's the contact info again.

harotours@gmail.com

info@hectours.com

I had the pleasure of meeting Paco from Chimal tours when I was in Manzanillo a few weeks ago. The operator we had booked with didn't show up & Paco helped us get settled with one of his other drives from Chimal. He even settled the tab directly with the (pre-paid) operator that no-showed. Next time, we'll use Chimal directly. Great guy with a top notch operation.

We spent 8 1/2 hours with Paco last Wednesday on a private tour of Manzanillo, Comala, and Colima. Also went to the Turtle Sanctuary and DW and I each released a baby turtle to the sea! :)

We were one of the first people off the ship and he was already waiting for us even though it was about 25 minutes before the scheduled meeting time!

Colima was our favorite, very relaxed no pressure to buy or go into any shops. We saw lots of the country side and the volcano.

Take the S off tour chimaltour@prodigy.net.mx

Thanks a ton, received a response back immediately. Thanks everyone we will be using them Jan 11. We have planned right now: ...tropical fruit plantation, salt mines, the fabulous turtle sanctuary, panga boat ride trough palo verde lagoon, crocs and mangroves, iguanas. Currently he quoted us 45 is that the going rate?

Archived