Dress Shoes for Teens in Dining Room

pattie63

Not even on non-formal nights? Why ever not? Plenty of men wear nice, leather sandals in the dining room for dinner. And most women do, on warm weather cruises.

???

I agree. Shoes are a pain to pack, and they're heavy. Get him something that can multi-task. I actually liked the idea of Vans, that would seem to be a perfect solution.

Not even on non-formal nights? Why ever not? Plenty of men wear nice, leather sandals in the dining room for dinner. And most women do, on warm weather cruises.

???

LOL Nope, for formal nights, they can wear their "dress sandals"...:D

Seriously, sandals on men belong by the pool, walking the streets of Santorini on a warm night or at the beach...not in a dining room. JMHO and just a personal preference. Would never knock anyone for doing it, it just doesn't work for me. ;)

I think the idea of checking the used clothing places (Goodwill, Value Village, Sallie's, St. Vinnie's, consignment shops) is great! You can buy shoe sanitizer in a spray bottle for about $4, so you can save a lot of money on shoes for growing boys.

If it were me, my second choice would be Rockports or some other all black walker or runner. I have black Rockports (womens) and I love them! They are very, very comfortable. If you have to buy new shoes, you certainly want something the boy will be willing to wear again.

I would take a look at the local 2nd hand/thrift shops, but if your son has other uses for something like a Rockport shoe, they have ones that look like a shoe but fit like a sneaker - my DH wears them to work because he walks about 5 miles to/from each day.

Black sneakers would work too.

Of course, I was ROLFing when I read someone's horrified post about flip flops in the dining room ... HAD to be a Seattlite! We consider flip flops with some faux gems or beads formal wear ....

Have a great cruise and don't worry - you son will stop growing ... eventually!

HCBI

Archived