which dock Jade in Barcelona?

bethaniesmom

NORWEGIAN JADE normally docks at B sometimes on A.

2008NCLJade30218aussen-vi.jpg

D is the CARNIVAL Terminal where she will not berth.

The GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSEST accomodation is HOSTALES BCN PORT but it's a hostel - the only difference is no breakfast available. But all rooms are clean and well equipped like a good hotel.

All other hotels which are in La Rambla area are more or less in a range of few minutes more.

Depend on your budget there are two high class hotels with view to the cruise port: Eurostar Marina at World Trade Center and Hotel Miramar on Montjuic.

Regards,

HeinBloed

thanks for the info, so, i am guessing their will be bus or taxi transportation available from local hotels to the port!

i had thought about the Eurostar but now that i see where we will dock their really is no advantage to paying that much extra for that hotel.

Beverly

thanks for the info, so, i am guessing their will be bus or taxi transportation available from local hotels to the port!

i had thought about the Eurostar but now that i see where we will dock their really is no advantage to paying that much extra for that hotel.

Beverly

Port operates a shuttle bus (2 euros) from any dock to port gates (covers about 20-25 min walk). Map is here http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html. If taking taxi to port then fare will be approximately the same (my guess approx 8 to 10 euros because of taxi port surcharge) from any of the nearby hotels

If taking taxi to port then fare will be approximately the same (my guess approx 8 to 10 euros because of taxi port surcharge) from any of the nearby hotels

Sorry - that's not generally true.

It depends to

day of travel

daytime of travel

number of bags

if you pre-ordered by radio or just stop at a street

if you pre-ordered a van (no surcharge if you just stop a van or get one which is queuing for guests at the port/airport)

and it was easily from the GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSEST hotel 25 EUR incl. tipping for 4 persons incl. baggage and pre-ordered radio-tax as van...

Here is the taxi fare:

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/Portals/0/pdfs/Tarifes%20Taxi%202009.pdf

Since then we do not pre-order by radio anymore and stop the car at the street.

Even then with two bags in the trunk you start already with

6.10 EUR without having moved one feet

Regards,

HeinBloed

Sorry - that's not generally true. and it was easily from the GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSEST hotel 25 EUR incl. tipping for 4 persons incl. baggage

I don't want to go into semantics but I am basing my answer on our cab ride (3 people, 3 pieces of luggage) from Port of Barcelona (Moll Adossat) to Barcelona Sants railway station on Saturday morning Sep 5. According to Google maps the distance is 4.1 km. We paid 15 euros (10 on meter + 5 surcharge). I presume surcharges are for port pickup, Sants drop off and Saturday markup. Driver turned the meter on and there was some amount there plus 5 euros was added at the end of the trip. Traffic was light and still took us close to 10 min to get to the station. Other people reporting 25-30 to airport (25-30 min ride) in a sedan and 40 - in a van (4+ people). So 25 from the GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSEST hotel sound like you've been overcharged.

I don't want to go into semantics but I am basing my answer on our cab ride (3 people, 3 pieces of luggage) from Port of Barcelona (Moll Adossat) to Barcelona Sants railway station on Saturday morning Sep 5. According to Google maps the distance is 4.1 km. We paid 15 euros (10 on meter + 5 surcharge). I presume surcharges are for port pickup, Sants drop off and Saturday markup. Driver turned the meter on and there was some amount there plus 5 euros was added at the end of the trip. Traffic was light and still took us close to 10 min to get to the station. Other people reporting 25-30 to airport (25-30 min ride) in a sedan and 40 - in a van (4+ people). So 25 from the GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSEST hotel sound like you've been overcharged.

As I said: depends how you call your taxi, what kind of taxi you are ordering, how many bags you have in your trunk and which time and date you are going. Be sure I will never let a hotel call anymore a cab for me by phone...

I paid also 10 EUR when I had no bags in the trunk and just went to the bridge to take pictures.

But now my problems are anyway solved since we have a fixed cab driver whom we call when we need a cab...

40 EUR for 3 bags / 2 persons / Sunday Morning 7.30 hrs / from port to the new Terminal 1 incl. tips was o.k..

while other paying 25-30 EUR during the weekdays from Terminal 2...

Maybe you see the difference between this picture:

2008-NCL-Jade-30101-Taxi.jpg

and this pdf:

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/Portals/0/pdfs/Tarifes%20Taxi%202009.pdf

The picture is from 2008 - the pdf from 2009.

Since 2009 you are paying for IN- and OUTBOUND port traffic.

In 2008 you only paid for the OUTBOUND traffic to the port.

That's why there are so many different prices here in the forum.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I think we are deviating from the topic with proving a point with taxi commission rates and prices for airport trips. All I am saying that around 10 euros should be enough to cover 1-2 km trip to the port assuming taxi is flagged on the street. That's all to it. Even based on that taxi commission rate sheet.

Sample 2 km ride to port on Saturday

Saturday surcharge - 2

Price per km - 2.20

Port surcharge - 2.10

2 luggage piece - 2

Meter startup - 2

Total - 10.30

• 2 weeks later...
wow...now i am confused. I am guessing the easiest way to get from airport to hotel is by eaxi, then taxi the next day to the port...surely the hotel can tell me which is the best way to go.

Onward to choosing a hotel.

Beverly

It can be just as easy to use the train or airport bus from the airport, depending on which hotel you stay at.

Then a walk to the bottom of las ramblas the next day and the port bus to the ship.

• 1 month later...

Beverly - we left/returned to terminal B last cruise on Jade. taxi fare same for A or B. We took a taxi from the airport to Le Meridien hotel (I highly reccommend this hotel BTW). It was 40 euro for 2 people including luggage and tip. We took a cab, on the street, from the hotel which is on La Rambla for same 2 people and luggage, itwas 20 Euro inc. tip.

We took the NCL bus from the ship to the airport which was $30 per person. We chose this option so that we could pay in dollars and not having to worry about traffic (which ended up not being an issue anyway). Have fun and don't worry. it'll all be a blast!

If you are into funky new stuff, the new W hotel just opened at the marina end of La Rambla. Not close to much but really, really cool.

Archived