RCCL Voyager Of The Seas - Inside or Balcony on deck?

DanishDonut

Greetings everyone,

First time poster and first time cruiser! :D

My wife and I will be taking our very first cruise next year (Jan 31 - Feb 7, 2010) departing Galveston, TX on RCCL's Voyager Of The Seas.

I have A LOT of n00b cruising questions which I'll eventually post, after searching of course :)

We're ready to pay for the cruise but I can't decide which cabin to choose? Here's what my travel agent e-mailed me, prices are per person:

Q 380.00 (inside least expensive, no window, ship bow)

$618.86

I 546.00 (outside cabin on deck 2, with window)

$784.86

E2 810.00 (balcony on deck 7 or 8, guarantee category E2 or better)

$867.86

Unless you can give me a compelling argument on why I should consider the "I" outside cabin I'm going to stick with either Q inside or E2 balcony on deck.

We have the financial means to afford the E2 cabin, but I need to justify it so I know it's worthwhile. The last thing I'd like to do is get a Q inside and regret not paying more for the E2 during the entire trip.

The price difference between Q inside and E2 balcony on desk is $249 x 2 = $498. We could use that money for offshore excursions, food, booze, soft drinks, gambling, etc. My wife and I keep thinking about the "you're only going to sleep and shower in your room" mentality. Why pay an extra $498 for the balcony on deck? How much better is the room? How is the view? How are the decks? Are the bathrooms better? What about the shower sizes?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I would appreciate replies relatively quickly as we'll probably pay for the cruise today (Friday Dec 4th).

$600 total airfare + cruise = $1,837.72 or $2,335.72 depending on which cabin we choose.

We can afford it but I want to get the most bang for my buck!

Thank you!!!

its more important to BE on a cruise than where I sleep. I book the cheapest inside room. I, and most cruisers spend most of the time out of the cabin anyway. I love roaming the ship, checking out the views from anywhere and everywhere. since this is your first, I would go with an inside cabin (and did for my first and second) just try to stay away from forward cabins if you tend to get seasick.

You can then decide weather a balcony or OV is desired for your second or more cruise..lol

My DH which has a bit of claustrophia is fine with an inside room, as we're usually tired, and just want to rest when we get back to it.

I agree price difference can be best used on excursions or shipboard shopping.:rolleyes:

p.s. The inside cabins are perfect for me, as I need absolute dark to sleep. Just set your tv on the bow camera station and mute the sound, and you will know when the sun comes up...lol

p.s.s. The staterooms on most ships are very much alike. I live in an RV so don't think a few feet here or there makes a tremendous amount of difference to me, I'm just glad to be able to cruise. Now, if a GS was the price of an inside, you bet I'd be in line..:rolleyes:

No matter what you chose, have fun!

I agree price difference can be best used on excursions or shipboard shopping.:rolleyes:

p.s. The inside cabins are perfect for me, as I need absolute dark to sleep. Just set your tv on the bow camera station and mute the sound, and you will know when the sun comes up...lol

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it :)

It never occurred to me until now, how will we know if it's night or day since it's an inside cabin. Good suggestion on the TV by the way.

Can anyone else lurking help out a n00b cruise couple?

You have nothing to compare it to.

My first cruise was an inside cabin. I can do inside cabins without a doubt.

But--IMHO-- first time cruisers are rarely in the cabin--let alone using the balcony. I suggest saving the money-- take your first cruise in an inside-- and use the money saved to book the second cruise when you get home

Archived