Best Rental Car Company to Drop Off in Cape Canaveral

bogs1009

I have read a bunch of posts on people having long lines when they drop their car off in Cape Canaveral in the morning of their cruise.

What company out of Avis, Hertz, and Budget offer the easiest/quickiest drop off and shuttle to the Pier, or is it worth getting a cab from the Rental Car lot to the Pier. Price is not a factor for those 3 companies.

Thanks for your help.

Of these three, I would pick Avis. Small shop but good folks. Going to the ship I wouldn't hesitate to take their shuttle over the cab. Embarkation drop offs run pretty quick. Post-cruise... different story.

I agree. I would go to the Avis website and sign up as a Preferred Service customer. You enter all your info now and reserve your car or van. When you arrive at MCO, just follow the signs to the Avis lot in the parking garage (don't need to go to the rental counter). Hand them your paper work at the AVIS kiosk in the garage and they give you the keys. That simple, really! Be sure to search online for the good rental discount codes before you rent. I use the BJ's Wholesale club number and got a great price. Last year we did this and got a 15 passenger van for $100 for 24 hours. There were 6 of us and we couldn't have been happier. Now if that hotel hadn't cancelled our reservation... (they made it right in the end).

I think that it is all about timing. We have used both Avis and Hertz and didn't have to wait at all for a shuttle. We dropped the car off both times at about 10:45, got right in a shuttle (by ourselves both times) and headed over to the pier. The driver told us that it gets really crazy from about 11:30--1:00. We waited for the return shuttle for about 10 minutes after the cruise (still not bad) and they crammed about 12 people plus luggage into the van (Hertz). Short ride though...no problem.

Archived