First Cruise!!..Carnival Destiny

diviney87

My friend and I will be going on our first cruise on Carnival Destiny on Feb 18 2010 to Key West/Cozumel. I cannot WAIT!!..i've been on cruise boards just reading the reviews and such. I dont let any of the negative things get to me.. a vacation is what one makes of it..i know we will have a BLAST!!!!.. i cannot WAIT!!!..this is TORTURING!!!!..ehehehe...

p.s

i just hope all the problems Destiny is having now..will be fixed by then... oh wells..i dont really care where we go.. i never been anywhere so anywhere is better then work!!!!:p

My friend and I will be going on our first cruise on Carnival Destiny on Feb 18 2010 to Key West/Cozumel. I cannot WAIT!!..i've been on cruise boards just reading the reviews and such. I dont let any of the negative things get to me.. a vacation is what one makes of it..i know we will have a BLAST!!!!.. i cannot WAIT!!!..this is TORTURING!!!!..ehehehe...

p.s

i just hope all the problems Destiny is having now..will be fixed by then... oh wells..i dont really care where we go.. i never been anywhere so anywhere is better then work!!!!:p

After I took my mom on her first cruise, I was reading some reviews to her. They were horrible. Every person had been rude. They had to wait an hour or more to be seated for dinner. (NCL ship), nothing to do on board, no one spoke to them in the halls, they were serving slop in the buffet, there was no free ice cream, (there was), blah blah blah. My mom said, I am glad we did not take that cruise. Then I told her it was a review from our same cruise. In fact, the people were only a few doors down from us.

We found the service workers so outstanding on that cruise that my son went down and tipped another room stewart because he said she seemed so friendly every morning. It was probably the reviewers room stewart.

Just saying, skip the reviews.

Hi just off the destiny well you can believe some of the things.You make your vaction our room steward was bad asked for toothpaste and he said no asked another steward and he just gave us some for that he got a tip and wasnt our steward. There was some bad smell but we keep walking. Getting off the ship was hell no help at all had to go back to get my mom nobody her helped her. And yes she was in a wheelchair when asked who would help always stated someone is coming. But when i stated pushing her is that our chair yes we have been waiting over an 2 hours we will get it. But i had a good time and will cruise carnival again no guess asked.Also ship left port late also one night lights when out dont know what happened with that.We made all our ports .

was just on her nov 7th and it was my bff's first cruise. we had a blast and met some great people. the only complaint is our room steward was kind of a jerk but we cant have everything right?! I am sure u will love ur trip...Enjoy and take loads of pixs!!!!

Destiny in Ocho Rios

S7301590.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I read all the negatives about the Fantasy before I sailed her last time. As usual, we got on board and had a great time. We waited in lines for food and to get on and off the ship, but we didn't care. We were on vacation and didn't need to be in a rush. We were on a cruise ship and not back in Ohio at work.

As for the Destiny propulsion issues, I called Carnival about it because this was one of the negatives that would probably bother me. I've already got great excursions booked in Nassau and Grand Turk that I don't want to miss. When I called, I was under the impression that the propulsion was an ongoing problem and had cause multiple cruises to miss ports. According to them, the Destiny missed ports during only one cruise in the month of November and hasn't had any problems since.

Of course, after writing this, I'm sure hoping things go like they always have. I'd hate to say "everything will be great" on these boards and then go on to have that nightmare cruise we've all read about. You know the one: Nightmare embarking, no A/C in the cabin, loud vibrations, missed ports, out-of-control teenagers, nasty food, and rude waiters and room stewards. Now, I've never experienced any of this but you'd think half of the cruises are that way based on what you read here!

We had a great time on the Destiny. Don't put much into the negative post you read. I read most of them also but didn't let them deter me. One example would be that there is rust everywhere. Did I see some? Yes but I had to look hard and what do you expect from a ship in salt water. The ship is very nice and our room was great (room 6363 balcony). Food was excellent.

We had the same trip as you booked but got diverted to the Bahamas instead of Cozumel due to Swine Flu. We were bummed but had a great time at the Atlantis Resort.

In Key west we did the Fury snorkeling tour. It was a little rough but we had a great time. Look under the catamaran for fish. The seem to congregate here to get some shade. If you like Cuban Food you should eat at Sandy's cuban cafe. It's not what you would expect. It is built into a laundrymat and has a few barstools out front to sit at. The sandwiches are the best I have every had. Ask a taxi driver for directions. It cost about 15 dollars for the taxi but is well worth it. Its a local hotspot.

I posted pictures of our cruise at http://www.cruisingonislandtime.com

travel cruise discount

Archived