Flamenco

wisepalmtree

Hello,

We are staying at the Hotel Jazz for a night before and after our cruise. I know Barcelona is not the best place in Spain for Flamenco but it may be the only time I go to Spain so I would like to see it. Any recommendations? I found LOS TARANTOS online. Is anyone familiar enough with Barcelona to tell me if that's within walking distance?

Hi there, IF you put los tarantos into Google you will see a map. Click on the map and put Hotel Jazz into SEARCH NEARBY. You will see that it is an easy walk.

IF you are tired at the end of the show you can just grab a taxi as they are plentiful on the street and quite reliable!! The show is only 30min. or so . Not sure what time because most entertainment /dinner etc in Barcelona starts after 9ish at night.

We sailed out of Barcelona in the Summer and visited Tablao Cordobes, located at 35 La Rambla, just 15 mins walk from Hotel Jazz ( walking down towards Columbus Monument ). It's a small venue, essentially a bar/ restuarant. There are 2 shows per night, I believe and having read mixed/poor reviews about the buffet dinner we did the show- only option for around 30 euros per head. It's a small stage and there is seating for only around 200. The show itself was very good ( lasting appx 90 mins).

Here's the homepage from which you can book online, as we did, if interested. The advantage of doing so is that you are guaranteed a seat and you get name-called ahead of what was, on our visit, a lengthy queue at the door.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.tablaocordobes.com/&ei=8pkrS-fqDtOB4QbJt42BCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtablao%2Bcordobes%2B%2B%2Bbarcelona%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1W1GGLG_en%26sa%3DG

:)

Hello,

We are staying at the Hotel Jazz for a night before and after our cruise. I know Barcelona is not the best place in Spain for Flamenco but it may be the only time I go to Spain so I would like to see it. Any recommendations? I found LOS TARANTOS online. Is anyone familiar enough with Barcelona to tell me if that's within walking distance?

Los Torantos is a great value! I always recommend it here on the boards. It's right off La Rambla in the Placa Real (?). Very easy to find. You'll love it.

• 1 month later...

Archived