Petra

motib

Nice pics! This is high on my list of places to visit the next time we are in the area.

Last Tuesday the site was packed until noon with Israelies pensioner teachers groups - we had 18 (!!!) full busses of them crossing the border from Eilat to a one day tour to Petra....

But on our way back we saw a lot of groups coming into the site of cruise passengers (can't remember the ship name).

I was guiding excursions of Nautica from Haifa and Ashdod recently and that ship was on a 35 days cruise from Italy to Singapore and one of the port it called was Aqaba, so I guess you can find a cruise to get there.

Thanks for your pictures, Motib. We will be there in February. Thomson's Celebration does weekly tours round the Red Sea, and stays in Aquaba on Fri and Sat. I heard that one excursion from the ship recently had 17 coaches! -jocap.

Thanks for your pictures, Motib. We will be there in February. Thomson's Celebration does weekly tours round the Red Sea, and stays in Aquaba on Fri and Sat. I heard that one excursion from the ship recently had 17 coaches! -jocap.

I've guided shore excursion of Thomson's Celebration in October whem they called Ashdod and indeed that was their last call to Israel on their way to the Red Sea through the Suez canal.

Seems to be a nice ship!

Just remember that you are high up ion the mountains.

When we boarded our coach from Aqqaba I made sure we all had suitable fleece jackets light weight jumpers jeans and walking boots ~ alot of people boarding were in shorts and T-shirt as it was fairly warm that morning. (I'd done my homework)

When we got off the coach there was frost on the ground and about 4 people selling very heavy long wool coats for about £50 each and people were buying them it was that cold.

It was warmer later on in the sunshine but not by much. Still a beautiful place to visit, a shame ours coincided with President Sakorzkys of France as they had the place in lock down for him!

It was January and we visited with Thomson

Archived