Back from 12-Nite Explorer

KarinaGW

Observations (review with pictures and scan will be online tomorrow night) in no particular order:

• The Champagne Card is still available on Explorer
  • I, personally, experienced no overspray
  • Trivia is the most competitive, cutthroat game ever
  • I (and I stress I) had no holds of any kind or at any time placed against my visa-logoed debit card
  • Mike Hunnerup is now on vacation and will be moving closer to home to CD Rhapsody when he gets back. Dave Chapman takes over Explorer
  • This is the first time I didn't think that Portofino's was worth the extra money
  • On a related note, there probably won't be a Murder Mystery Dinner until January. New cast new show..in rehearsal
  • Food was fine. Service was terrific. Food prepartaion was always good. maybe imagination was slightly lacking.
  • If a cruise ship can make real mashed potatoes every day for 2-3000 people, how come many land-based restaurants can't?
  • Henry is alive!

If you've read my reviews, then you know that they can be...ummm...in-depth. But, if you have any questions, fire away!!

Observations (review with pictures and scan will be online tomorrow night) in no particular order:

• Trivia is the most competitive, cutthroat game ever
  • I (and I stress I) had no holds of any kind or at any time placed against my visa-logoed debit card
  • Mike Hunnerup is now on vacation and will be moving closer to home to CD Rhapsody when he gets back. Dave Chapman takes over Explorer
  • This is the first time I didn't think that Portofino's was worth the extra money
  • On a related note, there probably won't be a Murder Mystery Dinner until January. New cast new show..in rehearsal
  • Food was fine. Service was terrific. Food prepartaion was always good. maybe imagination was slightly lacking.
  • If a cruise ship can make real mashed potatoes every day for 2-3000 people, how come many land-based restaurants can't?
  • Henry is alive!

If you've read my reviews, then you know that they can be...ummm...in-depth. But, if you have any questions, fire away!!

Thanks Karina for your review of your recent EOS cruise. We will board her on Jan 14 right after dry dock. I have a question regarding the Murder Mystery dinner. Can you explain what it is, and is their a cost? Do you need to sign up prior to the cruise or onboard?

Thanks Karina for your review of your recent EOS cruise. We will board her on Jan 14 right after dry dock. I have a question regarding the Murder Mystery dinner. Can you explain what it is, and is their a cost? Do you need to sign up prior to the cruise or onboard?

It's a trite, cheesy, over the top participatory murder mystery and I go every time. Here's my review of one from a previous cruise:

The Mystery Dinner:

* Really cheesy, but lots of fun

* Technical crap here:

o Attendance: 25

o 8 color changers

o 16 fresnels

o a couple of baby lekos

* Start up in Dizzy's where the show starts. There they ply you with champagne and canapés during the whole first act. The performances were all over the top. Being in theatre, I started to take performance notes which could have been misconstrued by the actors had they seen them (it was at the very beginning before I got into the whole spirit of the show)…and, of course, one of them plopped himself down next to me as part of the act to ask me what I was writing…sigh…dodged the bullet though because the show had to continue. Dean was pulled up on stage to do his Chippendale imitation

* Moved to Portofino's for the rest of the show and dinner and MORE ALCOHOL.

o The dinner options were limited to either the fabulous filet or the tiger shrimp. I had the beef, and I understand the shrimp were excellent as well. After a while, they stopped asking me if I wanted more wine and just automatically filled up my glass

o Tiramisu in a strange bowl constructed from nuts. Tiramisu was, as usual, yummy

* At the end, I was one of the three who had guessed the correct murderer although my solution was way more complex than theirs…too much Josephine Tey growing up.

• Trivia is the most competitive, cutthroat game ever Yes, kill for a key chain
  • Mike Hunnerup is now on vacation and will be moving closer to home to CD Rhapsody when he gets back. Dave Chapman takes over Explorer Love Dave
  • On a related note, there probably won't be a Murder Mystery Dinner until January. New cast new show..in rehearsal Bummer !
  • Henry is alive! Yeah !

7 days to go and we are on for 14 nights.!!!!!!!

Archived