Does Serenade have luggage valet.

Does Serenade have luggage valet in San Juan

from what i remember that airport was a zoo, this may be the one time it would be worth it to use the service

They should. Adventure did out of the same port.

They have luggage valet when leaving the ship. Here is a copy of the form left in the room.

002.jpg

001.jpg

This might help.

We used the valet service on the Serenade two years ago out of San Juan. The convienence was great, but my luggage was misdirected somewhere and it took 9 days to find it's way home. I have no idea if the valet was at fault [the labels are put on the luggage the night before-check carefully] or the airline.

While I it was great not having to lug my bags, from now on I'm taking mine with me so I can keep better track of them.

Thank you for the info. If Us Air participates I am doing it.

Never felt the need before, but what I remember was a long line for the Agriculture check, another long line for check in and a loud Mariachi band playing. It was a stressful way to end a vacation.

Thank you for the info. If Us Air participates I am doing it.

Never felt the need before, but what I remember was a long line for the Agriculture check, another long line for check in and a loud Mariachi band playing. It was a stressful way to end a vacation.

USAir is on the list. I just used this service for the first time last month. It was great!!

am on the serenade in feb/mar and my return flight is on Jetblue departing at 1137am, is this enough time for the valet service or would i be best doing express departure and carrying my bag off the ship and taking a taxi to airport/

It's a fantastic service. Just make sure you get your boarding passes the night before. Our stateroom att. forgot to drop them off - so we had to wait for the valet supervisor to print out the luggage tags after passing through customs (you still need to claim your bag and hand it to the valets) and we ended up having to stop by the ticket counter to get our boarding passes. But, it was nice being able to walk around OSJ without luggage bags and passing through the airport without them.

Well worth the $20 fee.

am on the serenade in feb/mar and my return flight is on Jetblue departing at 1137am, is this enough time for the valet service or would i be best doing express departure and carrying my bag off the ship and taking a taxi to airport/

Technically you can use the service as your flight is after 11AM. Personally, I use it because we take later flights home and spend the day in Old San Juan without having to deal with luggage. If I were going right to the airport from the ship I am not sure I would bother spending the extra money for the program.

Also, I noticed that you are from the UK. If you are connecting from Jet Blue to an international flight you cannot check you luggage all the way through. People using the program must have all segments of their flight on the same airline and internation flight are not allowed.

Luggage valet is great, and despite it saying the first bag for American is $20 (which it is), we actually got a $5 discount for the valet service. So instead of paying $40 each, we paid $35. That was a nice surprise, esp. since we weren't even told about it ahead of time.

The horror story above (losing your bag for nine days) was my biggest fear, esp. since I put my bag outside on Sat night at 11pm and didn't see it until I was at LaGuardia Sunday at 3:30pm...weird feeling...but there it was, on the carousel. ::whew:: Ever since I spent seven days in Scotland WITHOUT MY SUITCASE THE ENTIRE TIME, I hate checking my bag!

ok, got confused (very easy to do)

do you put your luggage out and not see it again until your home

or do you put it out claim it and give to valet.

we prefer to carry off anyway

It seems to depend on the port. In Seattle we put our luggage out the night before and didn't see it again until Orlando. Great service.

ok, got confused (very easy to do)

do you put your luggage out and not see it again until your home

or do you put it out claim it and give to valet.

we prefer to carry off anyway

I looks from your signiture that you are sailing Serenade. If that is true then the way it will work for you in San Juan is you put your luggage out the night before and then re-claim it in the terminal before going through ICE. Then you will hand it over to the valets. However, if you prefer to carry it off yourself you can do so, then go through ICE and give it to the valets. THEN you will not see it again until you get home.

Technically you can use the service as your flight is after 11AM. Personally, I use it because we take later flights home and spend the day in Old San Juan without having to deal with luggage. If I were going right to the airport from the ship I am not sure I would bother spending the extra money for the program.

If your flight is earlier than 11:30 and you fill out the form and submit it, your request will be denied.

Archived