correlation between solo cruisers and readers  

121 members have voted

1. 1. correlation between solo cruisers and readers

• Love to read & always have a book handy
    • Reading is ok if I can't find anything else to do
    • Rarely take time to read but do on occassion
    • Haven't read a book in the last 12 months
    • Other - will post

I love to read but thave a hard time normally because of work , etc.

Cruises are one of the few times I can forget work and concentrate on a good book. I usually read 1-2 long ones on a 5 day cruise.

When I am sailing solo I don't get interupted.

I am a huge reader, also. I even had a used bookstore. The store closed when the economy was good because everyone bought their books full price. Go figure. Now with the eReaders, I wouldn't stand a chance. Because of CC, I went ahead and just bought a Sony eReader. I am a dedicated library user (saving my money for cruises) so when I heard the library had ebooks for free, I hit the store sites. I like the idea of loading all of my books on one unit. I usually take at least one book for each day of cruise. My next cruise is 14 days so I would have been challenged to get them all packed. I can't wait.

I love to read but thave a hard time normally because of work , etc.

Cruises are one of the few times I can forget work and concentrate on a good book. I usually read 1-2 long ones on a 5 day cruise.

When I am sailing solo I don't get interupted.

I am the same same way. I rarely have time to read much at home but I will read 5 books on a 7 day cruise. It is just so relaxing to be on the deck with nothing but ocean around and be reading.

I am a HUGE reader. Read all the time. I am currently on the last day of my Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I brought my Kindle with me so that I could sit on deck, or in a lounge, or wherever, and read. Unfortunately, before i even boarded the ship, the screen went out! I ended up purchasing a couple of paperback books, but have read both of them many times. I have contacted Amazon, and will ship it back when I get home. In the meantime, the back up is to either read the paperbacks, or use Kindle for PC.

I hope no one else ever has this problem with their Kindle. This is my second Kindle. I never had a single issue with my 1st generation Kindle, but decided to upgrade specifically for this trip. Couldn't even use it. Hopefully the replacement will work!

• 2 weeks later...
If you find a 12 step program, let us know. I don't think I'll be the only one that should be joining you.:)

I, too, have the Kindle app on my iphone and also my computer. The iphone app is great, when I'm somewhere without a purse, i.e. without my Kindle. It is surprisingly easy to read, considering the size of the screen, but I can't do it for too long, because the glare of the iphone screen hurts my eyes after a while.

I figured out my cell phone can act as an MP3 player and I can download audio books to it. I figure I can listen on the plane or use my reader.

I am a life-long devotee of learning ...just about everything interests me. I spent 12 years as a graduate student trying to get "educated".

Reading is a joy ...that I can do almost anywhere, and anytime.

So when I'm on a cruise, I concentrate on the many facets of the cruise experience. I always take a few books, but RARELY read more than a few pages :o!

Love the cruise experience!

Archived