Baggage weight...50 lbs ?

uneamie

NCL introduced the new "limit" earlier in 2009, at about the same time they introduced the new "Welcome Aboard" booklet. I have the two linked in my mind because for some time NCL's Web site still listed the old limit, but the new book had the 50lb. limit and as a result a number of questions were asked here about the inconsistency.

There has not been a single report of NCL making any attempt to enforce the "limit".

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think the change was that recent, but I'll take your word for it.

For those that weigh their luggage on the bathroom scale before leaving on a trip that is a great way to get an idea of the weight of your luggage. The problem with this method is on the return trip when you don’t have the luxury of a bathroom scale. On the return trip before I had a scale we discovered at the airport that my wife luggage had 52 pounds in it while mine had 47 so to avoid the extra fees we opened our luggage on the floor right then and there. I was a little embarrassing so I vowed to buy a scale before flying again.

This was a few years ago so fishing scales were the easiest to get. As with all spring loaded scales I found the fishing scale was not very accurate and not very easy to use either. We have since gotten a digital luggage scale and I have found my at least to very accurate and easy to use. When you pick up your luggage with these scales it beeps when it records the weight and when you put it down you can see the recorded weight. There are many choices in these types of scales and they are not all that expensive. If you search digital luggage scales you will find plenty of choices.

Shak

Get the skinniest/strongest person in the family to jump on the scale--take the weight down--then have them stand on the scale holding the packed bag. Subtract the latter weight from the former weight and you have a pretty good indication as to the weight of the bag.

Posted in error.

Archived