Airport Bags

rmul

Can anyone please tell me how it works when you put your bags out the night before disembarcation and you don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport. Have done this before,but it was before the airlines started charging for your baggage. Does Princess collect the baggage fee the day before with the regular fee Princess charges for this service?

Hope you can understand what I am asking. Thank you.

Jan

Can anyone please tell me how it works when you put your bags out the night before disembarcation and you don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport. Have done this before,but it was before the airlines started charging for your baggage. Does Princess collect the baggage fee the day before with the regular fee Princess charges for this service?

Hope you can understand what I am asking. Thank you.

Jan

Princess charges $20 P/P plus whatever your airline charges. I did this on the Dec 14th arrival of the Ruby Princess and I was very satisfied with the whole procedure. The night before disembarking they delivered the luggage tags from the airline (Continental) plus my boarding pass. I put my bags out just before dinner and the next time I saw them was in Newark Airport. If you use a Princess transfer you have to meet at a certain time. I took a cab. so I just left whenever I wanted to.

Jim..

We did it in November from SJU. Princess collected their charge and the airline charge.

We were given our airline bording passes and the luggage tags on board.

It worked perfectly and we are sold on the procedure.

In San Juan you must identify your baggage and move it through customs to the lads who collect it and put it on the trucks -- about 50 yards total.

We then collected the bags at Dulles.

We just got back from a South America cruise. We were going to use the expedited service, but don't see why now that I've done it the normal way. We put our luggage out the evening before, and when we arrived at the Santiago (we took an all day excursion prior to going to the airport) airport, everyone's luggage was waiting for them on luggage carts and in groups according to the number on their blue tags we were all given. We just grabbed the cart and walked over to check in and that was it until we got to Atlanta and had to go through customs. It was a great procedure, I don't see how Princess could improve on it and don't see where paying the $20 per person for expedited service could be any better. We're newbies to cruising, we were happy with the way it was done.

We just got back from a South America cruise. We were going to use the expedited service, but don't see why now that I've done it the normal way. We put our luggage out the evening before, and when we arrived at the Santiago (we took an all day excursion prior to going to the airport) airport, everyone's luggage was waiting for them on luggage carts and in groups according to the number on their blue tags we were all given. We just grabbed the cart and walked over to check in and that was it until we got to Atlanta and had to go through customs. It was a great procedure, I don't see how Princess could improve on it and don't see where paying the $20 per person for expedited service could be any better. We're newbies to cruising, we were happy with the way it was done.
Debbie, the way Princess (and HAL) does it in Santiago is very unusual. They don't do that in any other port that I know of. You won't find that "luggage taken to the airport and put on carts for you" service where all you had to do was to find "your" cart anywhere else. :(

For those who are wondering what this is, you put your luggage out in the corridor the night before and when you get to the airport (late in the afternoon or evening as almost all flights from Santiago to the U.S. leave after 10pm), the luggage has been sorted, identified and placed on a cart... just waiting for you to wheel into the terminal. There is no additional charge for this; it's the way it's done in Santiago post-cruise.

We just got back from a South America cruise. We were going to use the expedited service, but don't see why now that I've done it the normal way....I don't see where paying the $20 per person for expedited service could be any better.

EZ-check service is not offered from foreign ports such as Santiago.

Same cruise, same experience. It was wonderful.

Archived