Decorating the tree tonight

Norcal Cruiser

Putting the ornaments on tonight.Pink sand ornament from our first cruise to Bermuda on Zenith.Aruba and Panama ornaments from our Panama Canal cruise on Infinity.Theres the Santa in the outrigger from Hawaii from the cruise on the Mercury.We have taken 4 Alaskan cruises and don't have a single ornament.We just get busy in Alaska I guess.Would love to hear your ornament collection stories.Happy holidays to all my fellow cruisers.

In Sitka, Alaska we purchased Russian stacking dolls, I put them on the fireplace mantle. I have surfing Santa's from Hawaii, a Disney cruise ship, handmade straw dolls from Fanning Island, a Venetian glass ornament from Venice, Italy. Let's see.... a lighthouse ornament from a visit to Halifax, Nova Scotia (although not on a cruise that time), an RCI ship ornament. A few other ornaments not related to cruising are on the tree, one from Paso Robles (a gorgeous hand painted glass with surfboards on it).

That's all blended into my collection of Christopher Radko Disney ornaments that I've collected over the years. And......my favorite ornaments my kids made in their pre-school and K-3 grades :).

hi kathy i too luv to collect christmas ornaments when i go any where whether im in the local zoo or park vac im always on the look out and anyone happens to be with me are train to watch out and pointed them out to me lol;) even my 3 year old knows how to check lol. here is my christmas ornaments from my alaskan cruise i went 2x so maybe when you do go back for the 5th time

232323232%7Ffp8%3B%3A%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B4997335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3B4%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B4999335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3C4%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B49%3A2335nu0mrj

the sea horse was bought at the vancouver Aquaruim with the totem pole at the gift shop

It's good to know we are not the only ones who buy things for the Christmas tree. Ours are not always Christmassy. Sometimes it is a pretty key ring or piece of jewellery.

Although I've no pics to post, we have just finished decorating our tree and all but the 5 ornaments made by our son when he was at school are ones we have collected from places we have visited, mainly on cruises but also from land trips. I label and date each one........sad I know...... so it takes ages to complete the tree as we remember the different places. I think I shall have to get a second tree soon!!

Happy Christmas to everyone.

We too have ornaments from our travels and it takes forever to decorate the tree because we have to stop and talk about each one as we unwrap it!:). I also still have the ornaments that our daughter made in school. It was fun this year showing them to her kids as we decorated the tree.

We also bought our daughter an ornament or two each year as she was growing up and gave them to her when she got married. We have continued that tradition with our two granddaughters so they will have fond memories too!

Every year we add an ornament that reflects the main thing from that year. Hanging prominently in the front is our miniature NCL Gem cruise ship from when we got engaged on board in 2008. :)

The ornaments are great memories from all of our travels.

232323232%7Ffp9%3A8%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B853%3B2%3C4335nu0mrj

magnet from mexico

232323232%7Ffp997%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B853%3C934335nu0mrj

guyana i cant find anything my friend went to the market and found this lol. the sandal is a key chain from philippines and the bag that say boracay is also a magnet and the yellow duck is from our trip in philly it was given to my 3 year old and he want it on our tree

I have been collecting ornaments since my first cruise. Enjoy decorating the tree and the memories. They include 5 miniature cruise ships, a crab in a Santa hat, hand painted christmas balls, santa's riding dolphins, the tower from Puerto Rico, a parrot, Bermuda sand, Santa in a hammock, a small tropical fish wind chime, southern most point marker from key west, various key chain surf broads, and sea shells.

We try and buy an ornament from each new port we visit on our cruises. It is the one "must have" thing we try and get from each new port. Makes decorating the tree in December in IL filled with thoughts of cruising and warmer weather (and us asking Santa for another cruise for Christmas) On our last cruise, we did an ornament exchange with our CC roll call group. Each person who wanted to participate brought an ornament from their home area and we exchanged them at our meet and greet. Was a fun activity.

Tim

Putting the ornaments on tonight.Pink sand ornament from our first cruise to Bermuda on Zenith.Aruba and Panama ornaments from our Panama Canal cruise on Infinity.Theres the Santa in the outrigger from Hawaii from the cruise on the Mercury.We have taken 4 Alaskan cruises and don't have a single ornament.We just get busy in Alaska I guess.Would love to hear your ornament collection stories.Happy holidays to all my fellow cruisers.

Sounds like fun!

hi kathy i too luv to collect christmas ornaments when i go any where whether im in the local zoo or park vac im always on the look out and anyone happens to be with me are train to watch out and pointed them out to me lol;) even my 3 year old knows how to check lol. here is my christmas ornaments from my alaskan cruise i went 2x so maybe when you do go back for the 5th time

232323232%7Ffp8%3B%3A%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B4997335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3B4%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B4999335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3C4%3Enu%3D32%3B4%3E456%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D3263%3C%3B49%3A2335nu0mrj

the sea horse was bought at the vancouver Aquaruim with the totem pole at the gift shop

Super cute!

Archived