More Questions, Sorry...

newlife_2010

Also we buy a mug which has the ports of call listed on them. On Sunday mornings when we have a leisurely coffee, my DH and I decide what island we would like to be on and select the mug with that island! Silly, I know, but a way of remembering some wonderful cruise island days!

I think my wife has at least one mug from every port in the Caribbean and feels the same way you do. Even when we return to a port the last thing she looks for on the way back to the ship is a mug:)

Slot Tournament is a competition that runs several times during a cruise and usually ends on the last day. It costs (I think) $20 to enter. For an allotted amount of time, you spin away to accumulate as many points as you can before time runs out. The people with the highest scores go on the leaderboard. On the last sea day, there is a finals round where the high scorers face off for a cash prize. It's a lot of fun and Carnival runs it very, very fairly.

Adding slot tournament to my "bucket list".

I have read bring along an alarm clock. Can someone explain to me why? What is the difference between ship time and shore time? What is shore time? I will likely buy a very cheap digital clock at walmart.. Or if not that, any other suggestions? I presume the rooms do not have alarm clocks.

cabins do not have alarm clocks- the telephones do have a wake up service and there is a very tiny clock on the phone. (if you have an inside cabin you want an alarm clock --if only to see what time it is.

Cheap clock? battery operated-- cheap clocks you plug in will lose time on the ship-

ship time vs island time--depends on where you go and if they observe daylight savings time- you will stay on ship time no matter what

As for the souvenir issue - I buy a Christmas ornarment on every cruise. We love putting up the tree and remembering something special about each cruise when we hang the ornament!

we never really liked the ornaments they sell on the ship...so we buy a keychain that has the name of the ship on it and use that as an ornament! Works pretty well!

Maybe just the final round does???? I was at a machine directly behind the tournament ones and they put t-shirts on each stool...or maybe it's different with each ship?????

Yes I think you are right.......final round.....my ds received one with a bucket full of crap for being in the finals........

cabins do not have alarm clocks- the telephones do have a wake up service and there is a very tiny clock on the phone. (if you have an inside cabin you want an alarm clock --if only to see what time it is.

Cheap clock? battery operated-- cheap clocks you plug in will lose time on the ship-

ship time vs island time--depends on where you go and if they observe daylight savings time- you will stay on ship time no matter what

what do you mean by the alarm clocks- cheap clocks will loose time on the ship plugged in?

we never really liked the ornaments they sell on the ship...so we buy a keychain that has the name of the ship on it and use that as an ornament! Works pretty well!

What a great idea! I looked at the Christmas ornaments on the Dream and was unimpressed, to put it mildly. I also heard that the brass look tarnishes over time. I ended up with an ornament of Santa carrying a play of spaghetti, so no worries.

Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

what do you mean by the alarm clocks- cheap clocks will loose time on the ship plugged in?

It's not that they will lose time because they are cheap, but plug in clocks lose time because the ship cycles electricity which means that there is not always a constant flow of electricity to the clock. It doesn't affect things like charging cameras and ipods or using hair dryers or even laptops, though.

Archived