Private babysitting on RCCL Radiance

bicoastalbabe

Does anyone have experience with in-cabin babysitting on the RCCL Radiance of the Seas? Can you always get a sitter when you want one? Have your experiences with the sitters been good? Any tips? We are cruising with 2, 4 and 6 year old girls starting this Monday - parents, grandparents and uncle. Thanks for the help. :)

We used babysitting once on AOS when ds was 2. I signed up at Guest relations immediately upon boarding and handed in my requested times. I received a sitter for all my requests. The "rules" have changed since we sailed and you may be asked for an additional fee for 3 children.

IMO, if the kids can go to AO, I would rather take them there than leave them with a sitter though. AO is much more fun.

The 2 year old isn't eligible for AL--you have to be 3....

Babysitters are NOT guaranteed to be avail....it's up to staff who wants to make extra money and has time off to do so. Make arrangements when you board. They are good with the kids!

We just got off the Radiance in November. You definitely want to go to guest services and reserve a babysitter for when you want them. We had a babysitter come for 2 nights of our cruise so we could have dinner and watch the shows with the little ones. The girl who babysat was great with the kids. They charge $10/hr for 1 or 2 kids and $15/hr for 3 paid in cash at the end of the night.

Just a warning....you might want to check and verify if in-room sitting is still available on RCL. We just sailed on Celebrity and were told it was discontinued due to an "unfortunate incident" on one of their ships that has resulted in a lawsuit. Just stopped 3 weeks ago. Given that Celebrity is owned by RCL, it might be that both companies have discontinued the in-room sitting.

Archived