Progresso

mnsawyer

For those cruisers who have recently been to Progresso, is there still someone at the pier selling day passes to the Reef Yucatan Resort? I read on the Progresso board that this was a great place and the cost was $15 or $25 per person which included transportation and all you could drink. There was a buffet available but not sure of the price. A while back, this was a Carnival tour but the cost was $75 per person. Don't see it on the Carnival website as a tour. The website for this resort looks great and a few posts indicate it's a nice place to relax for the day. Any information is appreciated!

We were on the Ealtion last June and that tour was offered on the bus that takes you from the ship into town. It was 25.00 per person. I would highly recommend you do a tour like that rather than go to the public beach. Our group went to the public beach and it was miserable. Were were "hounded" contantly by the locals and couldn't relax. We were tempted to pay them to just leave us alone!

Yes, It was an independent company that offered the 25.00 deal. As we were riding the bus from the ship to the pier they gave us the sales pitch. In hindsight we should have done it. I would do it in a heartbeat next time. Some friends went the week after us and did it and said it was great.

Thanks for the info - I'm a little apprensive about doing it but know if we don't we may be sorry. To me, if you're not doing the ruins, Progresso doesn't have much to offer. In terms of the poster about the $1 chairs and Corona's - you must mean the beach in Progresso? Not the Reef Yucatan resort?

I too would recommend some organized activity in Progesso. We chose it as a "beach day" and were somewhat disappointed.

The water is very sandy at the beach by the pier. Not nice, clear, blue water that I'm used to when cruising. Kids did not like swinning in it because it looked dirty. Other than that it was fine. Rented chairs, ordered buckets of Corona and soaked up the sun.

All in all....not so bad!!

Archived