Kid's sea-pass cards ~ are lanyards the best?

When travelling as a family with several children, what is your opinion of the best way to handle the transport of their sea-pass cards in the case of embarking / debarking ? I know there are lanyards with card holders that they can have around their neck, but I know that they wouldn't want to wear them all day. For anyone that has experience in this, please share what has worked best as far as the least amount of hassle.

Thanks !

On the ship, they carry their cards in their pockets (they are teens though).

When we debark at ports, I hold them until we have to exit, then collect them after the gangway, then they get them back again to reboard and keep them on the ship. This includes my DH, lol.

I do this ever since I gave son #3 his seapass in advance of getting off at the port and he was fooling around and dropped it between those glass dividers that divide the stairs. It fell down in between and there were a few tense moments.

When travelling as a family with several children, what is your opinion of the best way to handle the transport of their sea-pass cards in the case of embarking / debarking ? I know there are lanyards with card holders that they can have around their neck, but I know that they wouldn't want to wear them all day. For anyone that has experience in this, please share what has worked best as far as the least amount of hassle.

Thanks !

We just finished the FOS with our 14 yo and 9 yo....while on the ship, the youngest used the landyard that he got with Adventure Ocean, mostly keeping it around his neck and stuffing in his shoe when he was swimming. When playing basketball or more active things, he just slipped the landyard under his shirt. The older son, usually kept his in his pocket but did use a landyard a couple of times. I allowed my 9 yo to check himself in and out of the Adventure Ocean program. We set boundaries on what he could do, etc when he left, usually he just came back to the cabin or went to the pizza place. By leaving some post it's inside with where mom and dad and big brother was, everyone knew where each other was. (We had connecting cabins with our boys and kept the inside door unlocked).

When getting off boat, I took a small purse that held our passports, credit card, cash and sea pass cards. I gave the sea pass cards to the boys while standing in line and then immediately took them back once off the ship. I did this for DH also!

Just decide what and how you want to do it, each child is different. Kids do have some time away from adults at times...just decide what is best for your family. Enjoy your cruise,

Thanks !

Hey Cheaptravel!

Bassed on what I've read, I think I'll be carrying the littlest one's Sea Pass, our 13 year old can probably carry her own (although, given her history with her school ID, I may have to rethink that ;)).

Good question btw!

Happy Cruising!!!

Thanks !

We used the lanyard around the neck. On Princess the pass had the sticker for the soda. Mine did not have a choice because a missing card meant I invested a small fortune in soda for nothing. We did the same on Carnival which came with 2 cards, one for the room and the other for the soda

Archived